What to do if you break down in a no cell service area with no CB

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by supergreatguy, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Guess what I was told was wrong then. Weird if you got one 12 miles away there would probably be a cell tower closer than the one 2 counties away. What gives?

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    When I was in the oilfield there was a remote location where they told us in the safety meeting to not dial 911 in an emergency, due to this problem. They said it would randomly call one of three EMS services, and one of them was 120 miles away. If there was an emergency, they had local EMS number in the company man's shack.

Trucker61016, Last Call and Ffx95 Thank this.
  4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    My shop is 1/4 mile from the stateline.. I can stand in front of the shop and sometimes I have ph service sometimes not.. it might grab the tower 8 miles north in Iowa or it might a tower 6 miles south.in Mo. Or it might grab a tower east or west of me in a different county.. my Fiance worked as a dispatcher for the Sheriff's Dept in town she would have to double check all the 911 calls before she dispatched a deputy or fire truck or ambulance because some calls would come from 40 to 60 miles away 3 counties away just depending on the tower the call caught..theres 8 counties in 2 different states those cell towers can catch..

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2022
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.