What to expect at Orientation with KLLM

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by newbiewannadoitright, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Big Al C

Big Al C Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    They seem to have lost documents I hand delivered to them less than 2 weeks ago (recruiter had just left for day, I left with receptionest), so I had to take off of the work I was doing at the time, drive over 140 miles to bring new copies and see recruiter in person to try and expedite the process to still make the orientation on the 9th.

Got my fingers crossed, KLLM really seems to be pretty decent company for new hire these days, from what I've researched.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Al C

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    K, talked to Mike today, I have FINALLY really been approved for orientation but he says there are not enough trainers for me to go on the 9th, so I will be going the following week on the 16th. The only weird part about that is that he originally told me they only have orientation every 2 weeks now and not EVERY week.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  4. Big Al C

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    And, I already have my haz-mat endoresment on my license : )

5. gruntlcpl

gruntlcpl Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2009
    Little Rock, ar
    well started KLLM orentation today wow whole bunch of hurry up and wait followed by more waiting at the clinic for the physical then more waiting for the agility test

6. Big Al C

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    I think there is a guy named Brian there that I went to school with. Please, tell him I (Alvin) said hello and I'll be in the very next group there.

Good luck with the process!

7. Big Al C

Sep 29, 2009
    boondocks, MS
    Talked with Mike again today. He told me that, yes, they only do new hire orientation every 2 weeks, but since I've waited as long as I have (and I think he knows my first batch of hand-delivered paper work was lost between front desk and his desk) that he is going to get me in the off week orientation next monday the 16th which is usually just for lead drivers. Hope it works right this time!

8. oneofsix98

oneofsix98 Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2009
    hey everyone, new to the board here and to the industry. been looking at posts for awile now and wanted to say thanks to everyone that has posted about kllm. I got out of school beginning of october and have used this site to do alot of good research on companys and kllm seems to come out on top for me. I was just wondering if there is any other newbies going down for orientation on the 1st of dec. I will try to keep up with posts about my experience with them has been good so far dealing with mike he has been very helpful.

JustSonny Thanks this.
  9. gharr8

gharr8 Bobtail Member

Oct 15, 2009
    dfw, texas
    Hey, good luck at orientation. I am graduating driving school in two weeks. Hope to attend orientation soon myself. Is there a back log or waiting time for orientation?? I am anxious to get going...thanks

10. oneofsix98

oneofsix98 Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I dont know if there is a wait or not I just know he told me this was the only time i could get in if i wanted to go. even tho i will have to miss xmas with the family they seem like a good company and seems to be worth the sacrifice.

11. The "G"

The "G" Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2009
    warner robins, ga
    Any one headed to the Atlanta orientation on Dec 15? I have answered alot of my questions reading previous post but wanted to maybe have a contact or two before first day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.