What to expect in the first days...

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by John A., Mar 23, 2019.

1. usc7902

usc7902 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Will you be going to the road or city when you finish up with your training? I’ll be starting the same program in a couple of weeks myself and will be going to the city side after I’m done.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. John A.

John A. Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Montgomery, MI
    Well, day 2 is over. Finished up my videos, about 12 hours worth over the last 2 days. Spent the last half of the night training on the dock. I'm still not in the computer system so I couldn't drive a lift so I spent 4 hours following a mentor on their lifts, learning the paperwork and such. Lots of walking (ouch). Besides all the walking dockwork wasn't too bad. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to do my computer based education or at least get forklift certification.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. John A.

John A. Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2018
    Montgomery, MI
    I was hired into a city position but want to go road instead. I've been told that after I complete the ddc I can be easily switched to road. A hub has opened nearby and they need drivers to those runs. Because those are at night, and I prefer nights, they said it should be no problem.

6. usc7902

usc7902 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2019
    Sounds good. Hope everything goes well for you. I’m looking forward to starting soon myself.

• Truckers Report Jobs