What type of foods do you cook in your air fryer on your semi-truck?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by expedite_it, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Openings. Same with RVs and regular vehicles. They can find a way in. Mice can squirm into some places. My only experience is with mice, field mice. An those little buggers are like roaches...they can fit through some impossibly small openings.

Get in under the hood or somewhere else, and work their way up into the rest of it. Just like in a home.

As was mentioned if your not parked for days/week at a time, shouldn't be an issue.

Far as smell due to the food one is cooking....the answer is obvious, clean it so you no longer smell it, like you would at home, or don't cook "smelly" stuff in the truck. Bacon, Tuna, other fish, etc.

Roll your windows down, use some spray, smell begone.

Maintain a steady airflow, and get the smell out.. Cleaning your cooking equipment also helps. Don't just leave it till "Later". Clean it after your done cooking or eating. Helps lessen the smell, and the chance of bugs.

Or something like..
    [​IMG]

Can also leave a bowl of baking soda, or white vinegar out. Assuming you remember before taking off the next day..lol.

Or things like Febreeze. Hotels use a spray of some kind for smoking, if someone smokes in a non-smoking room/hotel.

I'd say just cook outside the truck, but probably a bit hard to do with a Air Fryer. Then again...maybe it has a long cord! ;)

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

Speedy356, ducnut and loudtom Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    That is not practical for me since I am out for 4-5 weeks between home times.

I have a fridge in the truck, with a very small freezer section that is not really good for anything.
    Stuff that I bring from home has to be eaten within several days or it goes bad.

But I do keep it simple.
    Tonight I used the toaster oven to bake a potato and a piece of salmon, and used the lunchbox oven for the green beans.
    I stop at a Walmart every couple days to keep fresh things in the truck, so I can actually cook fresh meals.

2Tap, Elroythekid and ducnut Thank this.
  4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    The same way bugs can get into the truck.
    The truck is sitting for a period of time and things get in.

Those little critters can find a way in.

Speedy356, ducnut and lester Thank this.
  5. expedite_it

expedite_it Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2012
    I thought about this. I can see how mice can get in the truck. A mouse could get in the truck through the slot where the bar connected to the brake pedal goes under the hood of the truck.

I think rats would have to chew through stuff to get in the truck.

ducnut Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, if they got in they found a way.

ducnut Thanks this.
  7. expedite_it

expedite_it Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2012
    They made a way

ducnut Thanks this.
  8. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    A mechanic at a Freightliner dealership told me the horror stories of getting trucks used by teams of Indians/ Pakistanis. The smells were so bad that they usually just parted out the trade ins and would try to air out for a couple of days the ones they had to work on inside the cabs.

9. mpow66m

mpow66m Heavy Load Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Northeast

what type inverter is best..wave or sine wavey something like that.Are Cobra quality inverters?

10. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Do a YT search. Much easier to have someone explain the differences, in a video.

The KW dealer I bought mine from claims they’ve never had a return of the Cobra I bought. He said it’s the only model they’ve ever stocked and the one that goes into every customer truck. I have the receipt and box in the truck, should I have an issue.

mpow66m Thanks this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.