What type of foods do you cook in your air fryer on your semi-truck?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by expedite_it, Jan 21, 2023.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Pure sine wave work for all items, like laptops etc. Modified sine wave or just plain old clipped wave will make things like power bricks heat up and eventually fail. Not everything needs pure sine wave, but nothing is damaged by pure sine wave inverters. The power at home is pure sine wave unless you live off-grid

ducnut, loudtom and mpow66m Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

Sometimes the rats eat through the wire bundles that enter the cab from outside. Other times they go to CDL school.

4. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    Just wrap whatever you want to eat in foil and leave it under the hood until you stop, saves money on inverter, microwave, air French fry

5. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    [QUOTE="2Tap, post: 12295719, )
    Crockpots. Love mine and they certainly have their place cooking. Think soups, stews and casseroles. Not good for much else. [/QUOTE]
    Lots more you can do in a crock pot. Turkey legs, or chicken legs thighs. Little olive oil, poultry season, wrap in tinfoil and 6 hrs later it FALLS off the bone. Obviously roasts and stews as you said. You can make bread in a crock pot. Pork chops, it goes on and on. I love mine. I find the air fryers dry stuff out.

ducnut and Brettj3876 Thank this.
  6. Elroythekid

Elroythekid Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Halifax Nova Scotia
    I cook in my crock pot all the time and it's gone in a few hours. I am a clean freak so my truck gets cleaned regularly so that may help. And haven't seen any rodents yet. I'm sure the Road Dog would have issue with other critters in her truck.. 20160112_152018.jpg

7. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    that dog stand like a doodle with a pit bull second personality

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  8. tscottme

None shall pass!

9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Is that a mother protecting her younglings?
    The eyes and ears suggest... I have nothing to fear from you!

Elroythekid Thanks this.
  10. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Maybe it's just my air fryer but the cook times always seem longer for me, for everything. I've tried pork chops and even in 10 min they seemed a little under done for me imo

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  11. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    ]
    Lots more you can do in a crock pot. Turkey legs, or chicken legs thighs. Little olive oil, poultry season, wrap in tinfoil and 6 hrs later it FALLS off the bone. Obviously roasts and stews as you said. You can make bread in a crock pot. Pork chops, it goes on and on. I love mine. I find the air fryers dry stuff out.[/QUOTE]

All I do in the air fryer is pretty much just fries and chicken tenders. It's good for vegetables too if you lightly coat them in olive oil

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.