What types of liquid hazmat are hauled cross-country?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by expedite_it, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    You name it, it goes in the truck.

Poisonous gas with custom skull and crossbones placards is our personal favorite.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It was a new account acquired from Schwerman, so QC gave use brand new auto Freightliner Cascadias with APUs and satellite TV/DVR, fridges, and all of the nanny safety devices. I thought they were a good company and was treated fairly or better. QC, like most tanker companies, is not one giant nationwide company. Each terminal is it's own planet in the QC universe. So what I experienced in Nashville doesn't tell you what will be the reality at any other terminal. I went everywhere in the USA, but it was dedicated. I NEVER picked up backhauls. I delivered "our" acid and drove home empty, even from the farthest corner of the USA.

Concorde and Chinatown Thank this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

QC in Nashville paid $1250 weekly gaurantee or the heigher of 50 CPM (empty/loaded) + $20/hr when waiting. On one trip to San Fran I made $2,000 in detention plus mileage because the customer made me wait 36 hour to unload. My favorite location was Klamath Falls, OR or Bangor ME. I went to 38 states before QC and QC allowed me to get the other 10 states on my map.

I worked their 2017 to 2020. QC has drivers paid by percentage, CPM, weekly guarantee. Each terminal is it's own planet in the QC universe. The only way to know what you are walking into is to talk to the terminal manager at the terminal you will work for and the current drivers at that terminal. You can also work OTR or "The System" with QC. I NEVER did that with QC. My favorite employer was Averitt Express. Great company, great people, great equipment, OK pay, great benefits. I was with Averitt for 18 years and then went to QC.

lual Thanks this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Stay away from “the system” …. That’s code for every crap load the individual terminals don’t want to do mainly because of the rate.

RockinChair and wis bang Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I ran the system most of my career, by choice.
    Rates don't affect a company driver.

7. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Depending on your location there might be a plethora of needs: chemical plants, refineries, water treatment facilities, power plants, manufacturers, AG, oilfield...

8. viper822004

viper822004 Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW

You could try Cryogenics. Liquid Nitrogen, Oxygen, Hydrogen, Argon, and Helium.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.