What was the most beneficial piece of advice you received?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Working Class Patriot, May 10, 2009.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Yeah....Martin's rig has broken many a land speed record.....:biggrin_25525:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgerunner665

Ridgerunner665 Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2009
    The longest day that I can recall...(wasn't that long ago...Febuary of 08 I think)

Surgoinsville, TN (home) to Lansing, MI and back in 22 hours. (my route around Ohio makes it little over 1300 miles if I remember right)

That old International would run pretty good...easily 3 digits, but I never held it there.

4. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    those 1000 mile days get harder and harder to do every year. That used to be the expected day when I ran with my dad. These days it kills me.

Heck I did 850 yesterday, unloaded, reloaded and did most the miles at 60mph average with that heavy sucker... That was a long day. 21 hours if I remember right then only slept 4 and had to go unload. Needless to say I napped most the day like some old fart

5. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    So you're joining the Old farts club Al????
    You'll be in good company with Ken, Native, and myself.....:biggrin_25525:

6. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I sure feel like it. Of course sitting on the floor of a non air ride cab helps ya along fast

7. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    You can't put air bags on the cab?????

As in retro-fit?????

8. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    it's not worth the effort. you have to rebuild the structure inside the cab and the sleeper to add all the bracing required to bolt them together. I actually like the non air ride cab. it make the truck feel like its running on rails. Nice n tight in the turns, none of that body sway etc. I'd just be happy to get a decent seat, preferably one without an air leak that makes you have to refill it every two minutes... lol that's why it's on the floor

9. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Before I went OTR with the Pete, I replaced the seat.....
    I still ride way low......I hate sitting high...it puts too much pressure on my legs....
    I don't know how some drivers can jack the seat all the way up....I guess they're hoping to catch a nice "seat cover".....:yes2557:

10. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    I ride low anyways. I want a lowrider seat so I can have some air in it and still be low. the stock pete seats I end up with just and inch or two of air in them and then they bottom out which is worse then just sitting on the floor in the first place

11. 1989 Pete

1989 Pete "Pine Tree Eater"

MMM you are the man!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.