What Would Be Your Excuse For Being In The Express Lane

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Final Drive, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    No speakie english maybe?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Vegas turned their Express lanes into HOV lanes a couple of years ago. No trucks allowed anymore.

I accidentally took the Express lanes on the New Jersey Turnpike one time. The sign says Express Lanes, of course, but I thought it was it just the Prepass lane around the toll booths.

When I realized I was the only truck out there all by myself, I felt like a complete idiot until I could get back over 10 miles down the highway.

Dockbumper and snowwy Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’d blame another Trucker. Officer one of my own peers cut me off. Everyone hates Trucks. Deny everything, shift the blame, apologize, lie, beg, plead. Anything to avoid a ticket. Lol

Final Drive and dunchues Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I prefer the express lanes when it's legal. Cleveland"s expeesslanes are done well. Chicago has/had express lanes back in the 90s so local and thru traffic don't have to mix. I took them all of the time.

Final Drive Thanks this.
  6. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    What do you mean my dog doesn't count as a passenger?

Final Drive Thanks this.
  7. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    20210728_124322.jpg

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I run into many trucks from Canada sitting in the left lane of a three plus lane road here in the area, we have a law that is easy to understand, no trucks in left lane except to exit and that is limited to a mile before the exit. We have signs all over the place saying that too.

yesterday I was behind three cars and a truck decided that he was going to pull into the left lane to pass another truck, the good thing is one of the cars was a msp dot cop, pulled the truck over as soon as he could and I hope he got a ticket because he passed a sign that said “Truck use right two lanes only”.

Dockbumper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.