What would happen if I was caught violating my "K" restriction?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Djmex, Oct 22, 2019.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Murphy’s Law.

All I’m going to say.

Gonna sit back and wait for the “i got caught driving interstate when i can only drive intrastate” thread to appear.

dwells40 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dosgatos

dosgatos Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    martin sheen.jpg

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    A few years ago the east bound scales opened up and started inspecting trucks, and shut down a pile of them, then just closed down and left.
    An hor or so after they puled out, a few tat were shut down for hOS, one that was actually a wide load, and oos, plus running the scale and one brand new black T 800 out of Ar, wityh an 18 year old driver, all decided to beat it across teh state line.
    What none of us knew was that they were running an experiment to see what percentage of trucks that were shut down, would stay put.

The kid in the T800 was only shut down, until someone else could drive his truck to the state line for him, back then at Least NM didn't care if you drove in another state without a license, this has changed now because of driver qualification laws.

When the sun started coming up I noticed most of the trucks that had left were now across the interstate at the west bound scales/
    Before noon, I got a call and they paid me to go to Tucumcari and bail that kid out of jail, and get the truck out of the impound yard, then drive it to the state line. lol I don't know what it all cost, but it got expensive, just because of the kids attitude. When he left the truck I was working on had a team, and as soon as I finished it they were going to get him to the state line, 30 minutes cost his dad a bundle of bucks. lol

x1Heavy and WesternPlains Thank this.
  5. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Good idea, think how happy your boss will be when his truck get towed to impound, because an unlicensed driver was operating it, no they wont let you drive it off, they will impound the truck and write you a ticket.

6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

You could PERMANENTLY lose your CDL or lose it for years & years. Don't violate your restrictions.

7. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    It's only illegal if you get caught.

baha and starmac Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.