What would you buy?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Prohemi500, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Star4900

Star4900 Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    What year was that? My 2 FLD Classics and the Coronado have none of those issues. The FLD's are 1998's and the 122SD is a 2012. My dash's are perfect.
    I honestly can't say how the newest Pete's are. I quit buying them after the first two. Didn't impress me enough to pay the huge price premium to sit in a tiny little cab all day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Ryder used to buy Cummins in Cascadias, and have switlittleched to DD15 in the newer ones, Gordon, after being acquired by Heartland, has also switched from Cummins.

Rawse liked the Cummins engine previous to the current one, which has been modified with a new head design in addition to scr. I don't follow him enough to see what he thinks of the newer, and I wasn't impressed with any since the 2000 Columbia, which was a Heartland tradein, and had none of the EGR stuff included and even those were troublesome.

2008s would probably have had Detroit or Caterpillar, the Cummins came back when Caterpillar left the market.

282 k on the 2013 I drive and only on the hook for a deer hit that took out the radiator. I really like it compared to the 14 liter series 60 and that was better than the loaners with the motor Rawse liked.

dog-c Thanks this.
  4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    2015 glider and the classics were known for water leaks but we can agree to disagree I don't like any of the new but I hate the wide cab trucks Petes included just remember you'll get your money back when you resell the truck with a Pete.

5. Star4900

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    I guess we'll both like what we like poppapump. That's why Paccar sells trucks and so does Daimler. As long as we are happy.
    I actually prefer my old Internationals over all of them, but now that I can't get a Cat anymore, the one ISX 600 in our yard will be the last of those headaches.
    We still get good trade in. Almost all out trucks are dump trucks and they are still low mileage when traded. Dumps keep way better value than the highway trucks.

6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    a.if epa10 cummins isx than serial number must be checked to see that engine has updated liner shims and updated high pressure fuel pump. if these parts are not updated you will be bankrupt for sure in near future ))

b.if epa10 DD15 then it must not be penski or big fleet truck were oil changes were done at 35-50k miles. Or simply after buying these engines take down oil pan and replace all bearings on crank. if you can find owner's truck who has done oil changes at 15-20k m that would be good engine. Now I am sure some of forum members will try to explain me about oil testing/analyses or ... just find in this forum the member by name jaysee386 and ask him what happened to DD15 with 35k oil changes at 500k miles...

7. Star4900

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    Our ISX fuel pump was replaced, then recalled for update. But still going through injectors? It is a 2011 build date. Any ideas?

I don't go over 20,000 Km on my DD15 oil and fuel filter changes. Maybe that's why our 450 Mercedes have been problem free too and others are having nightmares with them?

8. Cummimgs Trucking LLC

Cummimgs Trucking LLC Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Have you figured out the injector problem? I'm having fuel pump replaced now... Cummins told me I needed fuel pump and injectors replaced. Gave me a $14,000 estimate. I got a third opinion from a shop I was referred to. The shop Forman said he has never heard of all of them failing at once... He believes the pump just needs to be updated. I hope that's the case.

9. Star4900

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    No, no answer. They've all been replaced now at really low mileage, but so far no more failures.
    There was a recall on the pumps, so check into that. Maybe you can get some of the cost covered?

Again, I'm not sure what all years the pump recall was on? Ours failed and was replaced under warranty, then it had to go back again for recall.

10. Cummimgs Trucking LLC

Cummimgs Trucking LLC Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Ok. Thanks a lot. I'm finding out today if I will need injectors. I have 470,000 on the miles. He tells me he doesn't think I need injectors.. We'll see.

11. Star4900

Mar 16, 2015
    Northern Ontario
    Good luck. Let me know how you make out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.