What would you do...?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Cat sdp, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    That’s the only thing I buy there......

T6 is $22 a gallon everyone else in town is almost twice as much.........

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Well, I hear you on that. But if you despise a company so much, I for one will gladly pay more to shop somewhere else.

For example I will never buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks, or sporting goods from Dick's.
    Oh, wait that's not a good example cuz those companies I listed are overpriced to begin with.

Well you get my gist. ;-)

4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    You should have corrected her.
    It’s too late now.

Lab work and driverdriver Thank this.
  5. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    I get all my 15/40 from the local truck stop. Its only 12.99 a quart:Oil pack:

6. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I found out today that in this situation, I am guilty.
    I bought a bike today. Regular price $550. Marked down to 359. When I got to the cash it scanned and came up as 179. I paid and left. Large retailer (not WM)

BoostedTeg and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  7. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    A person's integrity is not measured by what he does in front of witnesses, but what he does in secret.

driverdriver Thanks this.
  8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I rest my case. Court is adjourned.......

9. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Same here. I was cashing a $40 check and the girl I went to high school started counting out $400. I said whoa, Tammy, it’s $40. She turn red and got a little embarrassed and thanked me for catching it.

I’ve found that people that cheat in one way or another always pay for it some other way. Sometimes they just don’t realize it.

tucker, stillwurkin and TripleSix Thank this.
  10. Arkansas

Arkansas Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    LA- Lower Arkansas
    Do the right thing. Even when no one is watching.

11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    A Man makes his own luck.

In the mind of a loser, there is no winning, just various degrees of losing. In the mind of the winner, there is no losing, just delays and setbacks. A loser would think, "Hey, that's an extra $360! I need that...could really use it!" Losers surround themselves with losers. They have that 'crab mentality'. When the other losers find out that this guy took an extra $360, they're going to pull him down. They will blow up his phone calling about that money he owes. They will break into his house and steal stuff. They will try to talk his old lady out of her pants. And these are the friends and family. And Loser tries to figure out why bad things continually happen to him. For the Loser, there is no tomorrow.

Steal from your buddy's house and then tomorrow, your buddy comes to visit and sees his property in your house. You're still friends, but he will be waiting and plotting for his chance to get even.

Plot and scheme and wait for your brother to go to work, then run over and lay some pipe in his old lady. Then you find out your brother has an STD. Ever notice that losers have these huge sagas to tell from even the most simplest questions?

"What happened to your car?"

"Well, technically, it wasn't my car...it was my uncle's. I was borrowing it and I ran out of gas 3 days ago. Yesterday, I went back to get the car and discovered that it was gone. My buddy Delbert saw it parked on the side of the road and he put some gas in the car and used the car to knock over a bank. Well, the cops chased him, he gave them the slip when he went down Crooked Road and hit one of the dirt trails. He came up on another car that was parked saw my daughter in the car naked with 5 boys. Well, he told my daughter to take the car home when she got done with the train. She was driving the car home and the law surrounded her, guns drawn. Scared the crap out of her. Well, she was 8 and a half months pregnant and thought the baby was coming and they rushed her to the hospital."

dwells40, m16ty and tucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.