what year trucks do yall run

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Fullforce, Feb 5, 2012.

1. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    We run in CA constantly,inter and intra. Haven't seen anything like that yet. Our plates renew in August,no notice of that,(do have a couple of O/O's whose truck can't go anymore. Starting 1/1/13 when we broker reefer loads we have to have a copy of the ARB registration from the carrier. 2013 they also start fining shippers that load reefers without an ARB.(already fine them for CA carriers) We've cross docked a few loads from carriers who were caught without a compliant trailer and repowered one that had a 98 and was caught.

BigBadBill Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Figured if it happened it would be an IL thing. They look for any reason to limit states on your IRP. One of the reasons we are leaving.

So is it 2007 or newer on trucks and what year on reefers?

4. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Untill the end of the year it is 1999 model year or older. 2014 is EGR(or equivelent) Doesn't matter the motor year(unless DPF filter is added) Reefers are 7 years(motor year,not model year) Why the two are different only CARB knows. In 2011 they increased the number of fines on non compliant reefers quite a bit. A number of shippers have already been fined this year,maybe half of our customers based there require documentation.

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    The company before this one had some old run down trks and trls.Mine was a 94 Freightliner bought at a junk yard and the one before that was retrieved from a corn field.Feels real good to be done with that company and now driving and hauling tip top equipment.

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  6. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

my 94 is exempt from even registering or any type of retro fit in ca. It is also exempt from the speed limiter law in ontario and quebec,this is according to mercer anyway and I would say they are on top with the rules and laws.

7. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Not yet. There was quite a lead time from order to delivery by FL. Can thank Schneider and others for that. Gliders are big business now. FL shows the delivery date of mine as July 9th. Dealer will have it for a week painting air dam on top and fuel tanks. Then I will make a few mechanical changes that FL or DD won't do, then it will be put to work.

8. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Might want to make sure and get a good CPA's advice on right way to write it off. What you are calling a lease is actually a purchase. A true lease and a purchase are handled differently. A true lease, yes, payments are written off during the lease. But a purchase, equipment is depreciated instead of payments being written off. Can be sticky situation with the IRS if audited. My son, and IRS field agent, has caught a few of these situations in the crossfire, and it is not a pleasant deal for those that don't write things off properly.

9. Quickfarms

Quickfarms Heavy Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    How is your 94 exempt from ca retrofit?

10. spacetrucker88

spacetrucker88 Heavy Load Member

it only affects 97 and newer

SHC Thanks this.
  11. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Yep, I have a friend who sells trucks and he said they have been shipping ANY good running/condition truck from 1996 and back to California. He says they get about $10,000 more for them out there due to CARB???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.