What you refuse to haul

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Diligent_Transport, Sep 21, 2022.

1. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    You mean like this..........................
    20220317_050424.jpg

20220726_054840.jpg

These loads can be tricky but I don't mind them! Gets me back home almost everyday and pay pretty well.
    Usually a load of preloaded shingles into the DC and one of these back towards the house.
    Money.

JD

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I cringe when I see them too... But it never the drivers fault.. Just the way they stack them and load them.. They go all over the place... I can't even count how many pallets broke apart while the forklift was loading me and the bags fall everywhere...I was hauling them less than 150 miles from the mulch plant and had to do everything I could to keep them from falling apar in transit... every once in awhile I'd look in my mirror and see a dust cloud behind me, from a bag flying off the top because the wind shredded the top of the shrink wrap and bags go flying then explode on the pavement... I don't ever drive behind a mulch truck because I know I'm bound to get struck by flying mulch bags sooner or later... really they should be tarped at all times in my opinion... but they are such cheap loads to begin with Nobody is making money at that point

4. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
  5. jmarc77

jmarc77 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2021
    Well I was thinking something like this-
    IMG_20210122_075418350.jpg

But yeah, that also works. Lol.

6. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018
    Everyone likes getting unloaded quickly.

7. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018

This is long ago, but I was hauling a load of gas to a service station and saw a bag laying on the hwy but it had broken open, and whatever spilled out that i drove over sounded crunchy.
    A ways down the hwy another bag, and another, so i stopped and it was bags of lava rock.
    This went on for probably 10 miles, and then ended. I guess the pallet ran out of bags. Drove another 50 miles or so, and there was a truck pulled over, driver checking his load, i stopped, and had a good laugh with him, just an empty pallet remaining of what was a full one of that decorative lave rock, headed to a Home Hardware store.

Feedman, FerrissWheel, Kyle G. and 3 others Thank this.
  8. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    I guess I’m picky but I 99% of time avoid any load that requires a tarp.

FerrissWheel, jmarc77, Kyle G. and 4 others Thank this.
  9. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    This one just happened about a week or so ago but any machine used to crush glass. Because not only does it get on everything when the machine tips over onto the deck and when it tips back off of the deck but it also catches on the grease or oil on your binders and leaves a nice little glass paste.

Some big chunks of glass some straight up rocks of glass and of course that fine Misty powder which is just oh so good to breathe.

And yeah we did run it to try to clean the conveyors a bit.

The rest of my thoughts have already been mentioned.

IMG_20221006_100220_HDR.jpg

10. MartinFromBC

Oct 19, 2018

Just don't tarp it.

A plywood mill asked me to help them, as they were so short of trucks. I said well if you pay this, and never mention the word tarps.
    If they really want it moved, they will forget about tarps pretty quickly.

If a contract says tarps, cross it out, send it back, and see what they say. You maybe pleasantly surprised.

FerrissWheel and cke Thank this.
  11. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND

Not going to lie, when I was doing CA to WA I had 4 partial loads that required tarps. I risked it when I got to shipper and asked if it needed to be tarped and they said no so I just ran it, luckily it didn’t rain.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.