What's it like to drive for Schneider national as a tanker driver?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Ddr1992 579, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Ddr1992 579

Ddr1992 579 Medium Load Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Whats the day like? Do the trucks differ from the van loads? Are the trucks set up different?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cncking2000

cncking2000 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2018
    The day is typical of any other tanker company you pick up what’s hopefully a clean empty trailer, you take it to the shipper where they load the product and then you head off to the receiver where either you are responsible for connecting everything and monitoring or you sit back and let them do all the work.

The trucks for the tanker division are mid roofs and Schneider has a history of speccing them to be as light as possible, their freightliners for bulk side for example use the DD 13 engine while their vans typically use the DD 15.

I can’t speak for the newer trucks but I can idle mine forever because they don’t have the idle shut off enabled on the bulk trucks. The fifth wheel is quite a bit taller than the van trucks as well.

There have been times that I’ve had to rescue loads with the older P3 freightliner I drove because they were too heavy for the P4 freightliners and the driver had already left the shipper.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted