Whats the best company to start with?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Harley007, Jul 8, 2012.

1. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    CRE wants you in our schools so I would go with someone else

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Harley007

Harley007 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Wayland, MI
    I know the area well. I hunt out that way still and some of my friends from school lived out there. Cool nice to know theres someone out there from the same area.

4. Harley007

Harley007 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Wayland, MI
    Here we go. I start school Monday. Gonna have to make a choice pretty soon.

5. Harley007

Harley007 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Wayland, MI
    Ok. That was boring. First week down 2 more to go. I hate setting in a class room.

6. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    you're here now Harley?

QUOTE=Harley007;2714022]Ok. That was boring. First week down 2 more to go. I hate setting in a class room.[/QUOTE]

7. Harley007

Harley007 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Wayland, MI
    Yes. I started school the 16th. Im in south bend at CDI or TDI its called both. So far it a pretty good school, i like my instructor, hes got 4 mil miles accident free under his belt and knows his ####.

8. Harley007

Harley007 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2012
    Wayland, MI
    Graduated top of my class. Had my instructors impressed with how fast i caught on having never been in a truck before. Now im down to finding a company and see how well what they taught me transfers to the real world. just hoping for the best now.

9. originalisme

originalisme Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    As a Swift driver, I've got to say, I've seen a lot of trainees that weren't very good yet driving, but I've seen many more drivers from other companies doing stupidly dangerous things. The biggest thing with Swift is to make sure your mentor does their job, and if they aren'r, it's the student's job to report them. I think Swift gets an unfair rep, and it's not that I think that all Swift drivers are perfect, just that their drivers aren't any better or worse than any other company overall.. just my 2 cents

10. originalisme

originalisme Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'be heard bad things about CRST and CRE,and good things about Roehl and Schneider. The main reason I went with Swift is that they were close to my home in Phx, AZ, and they have been a decent company to work for, I've been told by a few old timers that all the major companies are pretty close to the same in terms of treatment and politics though.

11. Emolson

Emolson Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Saint Louis (MO)
    Out of the 4 I would say Schneider than Roehl, Swift, Werner and Then CRE. Out of those 4 companies I only had experience with only 2. Swift and Wener. I have been with Swift for a year and Werner for 2 years. Swift was a okay company for me and I got my CDL thru their school. At the beginning It was not good but in the middle I started getting more miles. At Swift I averaged 2300-2500 miles per week. But sometimes more and sometimes worst. At Swift Their equipments are good may not be excellent but good. Many drivers have different experience with each company. As for Werner im currently with right now, but will be going out im just getting low miles, to much sitting and waiting. So now I plan to go with another company. Keep reading on this thread, but it will be up to you to pick out the best company you would like to go with. Schneider is a really good company and treat their drivers great to. Other good companies I know that have a school and great training are Prime Inc and Stevens Transport.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.