Whats the best company to start with?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Harley007, Jul 8, 2012.

1. danmissouri

danmissouri Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2010
    naperville,il.
    Didn't mean to slam Swift, you get good and bad anywhere you go. They've got alot of new equipment, don't know how they pay. I think they're the biggest now, bought somebody a couple years ago, now bigger than Schneider. I do know Schneider's a good place for new drivers. I left there 12/09, they were buying a bunch of new tractors and NONE of them were orange. They were taking a beating on the resale market, hard to sell an orange truck. Just keep in mind, you won't get rich at any of them. Get your experience and move on. Life is a journey, enjoy the ride.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. judih

judih Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2012
    Springfield, Oh
    I am From Ft Myers myself and was wondering does Con-Way heir women? and do they keep you in the south? hate going north.

4. Roadrealtor

Roadrealtor Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Fort Myers, FL
    Of course they hire women. If you are an over the road trucker, you will be going north, south, east and west. I am from Ft. Myers too and work for Con-Way. I have heard recently that Ft Myers is below the current hiring line, somewhere around Tampa now. Verify this with a recruiter....if its on the internet, it may or may not be true.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    FFE has terminals in Miami & Winter Haven.

6. beermooch67

beermooch67 Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Garfield Heights,Ohio
    Whatever you do don't go to CRST or Werner known as The big blue screw CRE will force you to lease a truck and them give you no miles and you starve ect. I have found all this out from my research on here and trucking truth.com Stevens Transport is good too and C-1(Driver Solutions) the two companies they go through are Pam Transport and USA-Truck and are decent to go through too.The best is like Harley007 said Schneider. Good luck in what ever you decide.

7. 06ls2blazer

06ls2blazer Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2016
    I am curious. Is the schooling at sage a Monday thru Friday deal or how many days a week is it?

8. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Halliburton

9. Mavrick3116

Mavrick3116 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2016
    OK guys I need help I start school September 5 for my CDLs i'm having a hard time picking a company to go with for a first time company. I'm going to do Otr. But my problem is I have no clue on who I should go with. I've done a lot of research on companys but still don't know who to go with.

10. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Where do you live?

11. Mavrick3116

Mavrick3116 Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2016
    I'm in ocean isle beach nc

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.