Whats the best company to start with?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Harley007, Jul 8, 2012.

1. nyfootballgiants1

nyfootballgiants1 Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Update: today as I was driving my mother in law around to help her run some errands I was at a stop at a red light and got rear ended by some illegal alien who didn't even have a driver's license and the impact pushed me into the car in front of us. No one hurt, no serious damage to vehicles, but when the state trooper ran my license I was disappointed to find out that my class a CDL is no longer valid and he told me when I have an opportunity I need to go get it changed to a regular class c license. I guess it's back to square one.

Chinatown and SHOJim Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe it's not valid because your DOT physical has expired. Get a new physical and register it with the DMV and your cdl will be reinstated. I think that's the problem.
    Don't convert it back to a Class-C or you will have to start from square one.

4. DucksFan209

DucksFan209 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2018
    What's a good company for cdl training that offers good home time. I currently live in San Antonio.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Labatt Food Service hires drivers with only a cdl permit. Lots of home time. They run mostly Texas and New Mexico. Maybe have a terminal in Arizona now. Food service pays really well.
    [​IMG]

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @TravR1 - works for FFE(Frozen Food Express) in Dallas and can give you up-to-date information on that company.
    [​IMG]

7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maverick Transportation - has 3 divisions, flatbed, glass (in picture below), and refrigerated. Overall the company has a decent reputation and good paychecks. Might even be home on weekends.
    [​IMG]

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I posted 3 different companies above for you to compare.

DucksFan209 Thanks this.
  9. DucksFan209

DucksFan209 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Thanks for the info. I will look into all 3.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.