Whats the best trucking Co or Flatbed Co HELP!!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Michael4233, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Michael4233

Michael4233 Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Buffalo,NY
    Whats the best trucking Co or Flatbead Co to drive for? I was concidering Maverick but the heard bad things about them so..Im skeptic now. I need to get a start on this but Im very confused and dont know witch Co to choose. I dont have my CDL and need a Co that will train me. I want good milage and pay and just dont want to get screwed. Please help me lol!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    I haven't heard one thing bad about Maverick. Do tell what you have heard.

4. Michael4233

Sep 27, 2007
    Buffalo,NY
    Well! I read in 2 post that they diddent take good care of there trailers. The guy was refering to the specialized div, he said he sent a trailer back to the yard 4 times to be repaired and the yard was full of blue tages, soo..I dont know if he was just ************ or just had a chip on his sholder or what. The other post was a guy talking about how he had to pay alot of mony out of his on pocket for gas and other stuff and was never reinbursed. He also stated that the waite times on the loads was longgg and he had bearly any home time like the company says, but! again I dont know if he was lieng or not.

5. Pete_379X

Pete_379X Super Chrome

Jul 4, 2007
    Arkansas
    Just was wondering what you heard.

6. bigorangefan9999

bigorangefan9999 Light Load Member

May 27, 2007
    I work for Maverick flatbed division and trust me safety is number one on their list. If a trailer is messed up they will fix it or get you another one. If someone tells you to use it and it is unsafe, one call to safety and that is all it takes. I went through their cdl school and all praise. None of this $5000.00 schooling that you repay weekly. Cost $1500.00 and you pay nothing and no interest if you stay 6 months. You leave early it is rated at 250.00 per month still with no interest. I did alot of research and Maverick was the best all around.

7. Michael4233

Sep 27, 2007
    Buffalo,NY
    Oh ok! I have a trucker friend and I was telling him I wanted to drive for maverick and he told me not to do it. He said its very hard labor sometimes, he metioned in the winter with the tarps and ropes and how I would have to do it in the freezing cold and freeze my ### off. He said I wouldent like flatbead. I realy dont know waht to do. I friend of mine is goiung to PAM and I was thinking of going with him but i liked how maverick lookd , but from what he told me I realy dont know. Can you give me some advice? How do you like it, is it hard labor?

8. backroadbenny

backroadbenny Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Lost in thought
    ok guys,
    here's the deal. I quit maverick back in feb and it was the worst decission of my life! I got my start in trucking back in feb 2001. I went to PAM because they paid 4 my school. I stayed with them for 4 months and quit because i they couldnt keep me running. after that i went to Sitton Motor lines and stayed with them for 2 years. after that i went 2 maverick and was with them for 3 years. when i started with them they didnt have the driver training program that they do today. i left them over something personal and petty that i wont get into here. they do have long wait times for new load assignments but that comes with the growing pains they are experiencing right now. they have grown over 100 % in the last 18 months and they are slowly trying to increase their customer base to compensate for their growth. i'm currently with TMC and it has been the biggest let-down of my career. maverick is as good a choice that you can make in starting your driving career.

9. backroadbenny

backroadbenny Bobtail Member

Sep 29, 2007
    Lost in thought
    as far as the hard labor goes... well,any flatbedding you do is gonna b hard work. maverick pays more because they offer per-diem which is $0.08 p/mile. that really makes a big difference.

10. Michael4233

Sep 27, 2007
    Buffalo,NY
    Oh ok , that helpet alot, ty. I just dont want to get screwed. I dont mind the hard work. Its funny though , ive read good things about every trucking company in post hear and Ive also read bad things hear, who the heck do I belive lol? I have a friend that is going to eather PAM or AVERITT and I was thinking of going with him but! I realy like the sounf of Maverick. Man! this is driving me mad, Ive looked at Schinder and dont like the work for them for 18 months rule, dont like swift, and PAM and Averitt dont pas crap. So you think Maverick is a good choice hugh?

11. Michael4233

Sep 27, 2007
    Buffalo,NY
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.