Whats the best trucking Co or Flatbed Co HELP!!

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Michael4233, Sep 28, 2007.

1. skydyverjym

skydyverjym Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2007
    hudkin, tx
    After much swaying back and forth between Mav and ATS, i talked to an ATS driver yesterday, and even got to look at the truck up close.
    After what he had to say, and it wasn't all bright and shiny smiles, I have decided they are the one for me. Now if I can just pass their hiring reqs.
    jh

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WISEOWL

WISEOWL Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2007
    fl
    that shouldnt be a problem

4. kaydriver1

kaydriver1 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2007
    monett,missouri
    Hey Michael I know what u mean, my stomach is in a knot!I'm filling out my app right now for mav. The only bad things i have heard on this website about mav is in the specialized division. If anybody wants to know anything about them ask notarps he can tell u. He has answered a lot of my questions.

5. j-mac

j-mac Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Greenville, S.C.
    Is Maverick a West Coast Co? Or to they do the NE as well?

j-mac

6. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

[​IMG]

7. Michael4233

Michael4233 Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Buffalo,NY
    This should help you man. I was supposed to leave for schhol last friday but was pospond untill sat. I am leaving Sat afternoon for LR AR, maby see you there ;-)

Maverick Guest I need some info on the flatbead school
    Maverick Recruiti... alright..we certainly have a paid schooling program..give us a call xxxxxxxxxxx
    Maverick Guest can you ansure a few qwestions for me hear first?
    Maverick Recruiti... sure...who am I talking to?
    Maverick Guest My Name is Michael
    Maverick Recruiti... what is your last name?
    Maverick Guest
    Maverick Recruiti... okay thanks...where do you live...just so I can be sure I have something in your area
    Maverick Guest Buffalo,NY
    Maverick Recruiti... okay - all I have there is a specialized division that is out 2-3 weeks, but still offer paid schooling and training
    Maverick Guest Thats what I was intrastid in
    Maverick Recruiti... great.
    Maverick Guest But I was woundering is 2 -3 weeks enough traing givin that I am new to this? Schinder is close to 2 months, I dont understand the idffrence
    Maverick Recruiti... oh no you are in training for about 10-12 weeks...the 2-3 weeks is out long you are away from home once you get your own truck
    Maverick Guest and I preferd this typ of communacation becauce I cave save my convo :wink:
    Maverick Recruiti... that is fine,,,we do need to you call in so we can prequalify you...it is impossible to discuss all the info by IM
    Maverick Guest Oh ok, I see. Another thing I was worried about is, I amd at the end of a dead end job, bills are getting backed up and I dont have alot of cash. They say school is funded but what about room and board? Will they help me with that alos?
    Maverick Recruiti... we provide lodging, but you are on your own for meals and the cost of the permit pack which is $90. school is 3 weeks and you are not paid during that 3 weeks
    Maverick Guest Oh ok! Well thats not that bad. Now I have heard some companies pay good but they dont give you the drive time. Do I have to worry about that?
    Maverick Recruiti... do you mean during training
    Maverick Guest and yes! I will call
    Maverick Guest no , after
    Maverick Guest when Im on my own
    Maverick Recruiti... yes - you will average about 2500-2600 miles/ week
    Maverick Recruiti... I have a lot of Michael in my computer...do you have a middle name
    Maverick Guest lol
    Maverick Guest Allen
    Maverick Recruiti... thanks
    Maverick Guest I hate my name
    Maverick Guest :wink:
    Maverick Recruiti... how did you hear about maverick
    Maverick Guest A friend gave me a mag called THE TRUCKER, it was full of yer ads
    Maverick Recruiti... ok
    Maverick Recruiti... you should apply online and also call xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Maverick Guest ok I will and ty for you're time
    Maverick Guest you have a nice day
    Maverick Recruiti... you to
    Maverick Guest oh
    Maverick Guest 1 more thing, whats the closest school to me? can you tell me?
    Maverick Recruiti... you would have to come to AR
    Maverick Guest Ohh.would they pay for me to get there or no?
    Maverick Guest I no some Co do
    Maverick Recruiti... yes we pay for travel here
    Maverick Guest ok ty
    Maverick Guest goodbye
    Maverick Guest :wink:

8. JASON W

JASON W Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2007
    MEMPHIS,TN
    So you do have to tarp and retarp the loads that you pick up and drop. Sorry I am trying to get some answers about TMC and Maverick.

9. JASON W

JASON W Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2007
    MEMPHIS,TN
    so if TMC wants to sponsor me to go to C1; dont do it? I have other options that are free through Workforce Development.

10. kaydriver1

kaydriver1 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2007
    monett,missouri
    Hey Michael, I'm going to have to wait until February now because me and the wife can't afford to pay bills while I'm in school, In Feb we will have enough to where I can do it. I hate having to wait! So how does that work when u go down there to Little Rock? When do they send to Newport?

11. Michael4233

Michael4233 Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Buffalo,NY
    Hi! I am hear in Newport,Arkansess at the CDL school with Maverick. If you can I would really recamend getting yer CDL first before you come hear. If you can pick things up good and pay attention you'll do ok. We have 40 people in our class and a new first week class just started today. There is alot of truks to use and alot of open space, the only bas side is there isent a whole lot of trainers. You will need to stick close with fellow students to have the help you need. Its an ok schho I gess. With maverick you will need to tarp but see the thing is Maveric has to pay you 25 $ everytime you tarp a load so I would think you wouldent be tarping a whole lot. A majior part is you need a cirtafide STATE birth cirtifacet. They will not give you the CDL permit packet without one. I would also recamend. Getting a CDL study book from yer DMV and read it befor you come because they only give you 2 days to study for the whole thing, mannn I was a nervice reck lol!! I gotto go to class, i'LL KEEP YOU POSTED LAT

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.