Whats the best weapon to carry?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by buttmeister, Nov 19, 2020.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    True, but I’m speaking more to the point of view of the potential rape, murder, or robbery victim who’s left with no recourse but lethal force.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    There are usually more choices than lethal.

Your choice of the word 'potential' even suggest that concept.

alds Thanks this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    When you’re in that position you can’t expect to have any clue of the attacker’s intentions. You may have a split second to make the best decision you can to save your own life.

BUMBACLADWAR and supergreatguy Thank this.
  5. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    That is why I recommend carrying a gun.
    The choice of your attacker is walk away or die. I'm pro choice in this type of case. Just because you are armed doesn't mean you have to pull the trigger, you only do that when they have taken away all your other options.

Situational awareness is great. Do you know who else has good situational awareness. Bad/crazy people. And they have more experience at it than you do.

If a crazy person wants to hurt you they likely can do it. It's hard for a group of cops to stop a crazy man.
    Martial arts and self-defense classes help somewhat but street fighting is different animal. Wife has done both classes but she also carries a Sig p938. Plus she thinks it's pretty.
    [​IMG]

TexasKGB, TheLoadOut, Dennixx and 2 others Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Your wife is a bad arse, especially if she carries every day. I salute you.

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I'm too lazy to look, but I might have already stated this. "Never confuse a reluctance to fight with being scared too". False bravado really is just insecurity raising its head. ME? I am like an Elapidae, if I can walk/run away from a fight I will. Corner me or block my escape path and I will use deadly force. That's not false bravado, it's simply surviving! I chose the Elapidae family because this family of snakes has the largest strike to kill ratio in regard to humans. Let me walk away I will, I will always choose an escape if I can.

8. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Pretty Sig P938...pretty wife.

9. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Your piss bottle.

....to the counter....

When you ask how much longer it will be.

10. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Maybe so. Some cities quibble about a pocket knife over 3".But,you are a truck driver( not a gangster,so there's that.I can honestly say I delivered to Leavenworth Prison,Federal Buildings,Level inspections etc.NEVER ..had my pockets searched.Sure they would bring dogs and mirrors,search the cab etc,but never patted down for weapons.Get a lock box and keep pistol locked up and ammo locked up...out of reach, when going thru New Jersey etc.Get a home state CCW permit and Utah one online.This should cover maybe 36 states or so.If you want something for your pocket,Get a Ruger 380 LCP for $200.This should be enough to "get you outta the fight" at least.If you're not a " gun person,".. The pocket knife may work.Make sure to have a baseball and glove in your cab also..JMO

lester and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  11. sventvkg

sventvkg Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2017
    How many of you have actually had your personal possessions checked on the truck? Asking for a friend who wants to carry guns.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.