Whats the longest you stayed out on the road without a break ?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by k1221n2, Oct 23, 2015.

1. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    20 days. I don't mind being out 7-9 days but I work to live, not live to work. After 9 days, I'm started to look at tunneling out ;)

taxihacker66 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    9 weeks. Told my dispatcher. HOME NOW. She said ok.

4. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    5 weeks twice, chasing the money around the country. I mostly stay out 7 to 24 days and then home for a week.

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    In 1996 I was doing driveaway and was picking new tractors up at the Freightliner plant at Portland Oregon. I would take them to Los Angeles then pickup a used straight truck and drive it back to Portland. I don't remember how many trips I made, but I was bouncing between Portland and the Los Angeles metro area for almost two months. I finally got finished doing that. I got a truck going to Phoenix and delivered it. I bought a black market frequent flyer voucher on Southwest Airlines for $90 and flew to Columbus Ohio. Then picked up a new truck at the Springfield Ohio International plant and drove it to Atlanta and went home. Very profitable two months.

6. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    When I was making 3500 bucks a week I stayed out for 6 months at a time cuz I didn't want to come home and lose money.

7. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Did you become like that guy who was stuck on a deserted island for several years and became a total recluse?

8. archangelic peon

archangelic peon Medium Load Member

Dec 15, 2011
    I got a girlfriend that is nearly the female mirror image of myself out of the deal that I met while delivering to the Bethlehem,PA USCold storage & am still together with, so not exactly.

I have always hated people & society even before driving a truck, experiencing the increased disrespect & selfishness out here from others just confirms my views.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.