Whats the most gas terminals you had to be carded at in one metro area?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by sprizo, Jun 13, 2012.

1. sprizo

sprizo Light Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Las Vegas
    Out of all my years the easiest area to haul gas was Las Vegas. One Kinder Morgan terminal that everybody loaded out of. When i worked in the California Bay area, I had to have access, and authorization to load gas, or unload ethanol to at least 27 terminals. this would include the Sacramento, San Jose, Fresno, Stockton, Chico terminals. It took me almost 1 1/2 years to get into all those places. What a pain.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ramkatral

ramkatral Heavy Load Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Only 7. Still got my cards even though I don't pull gas anymore.

4. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey

That's the only terminal I've ever pulled out of and it was CALNEV at the time. Plus it wasn't easy because their system went down when a cloud in the sky showed up. I know when common carriers load you have all the access to the terminals you need. That's why it's best to get on with a major or at least for a dedicated company. I under stand the majors are going away but there's still a few around.

5. bulletproof77

bulletproof77 Medium Load Member

Oct 2, 2009
    Victorville, CA
    I remember those days...lets see. Shell, Unocal (Gardena racks) GATX , BP, Conoco, Dagget, Chevron and on and on. I remember I pulled a Scully off in Colton..Whoops, banned for 10 days..

6. GasHauler

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    10 DAYS wow!!! I saw a guy pull the loading arm off and only get 3 days. A Scully is a whole lot easier than a loading arm to forget, not saying any of them should but we all pull boners once in awhile. Mine was loading 3200 gallons in a 1700 gallon compartment. The gas flowed so fast the sensors didn't have time to shut down before it was everywhere. I cleaned it up and told the boss and that was that. I once had a fitting shoot up off the fill tank at the station when the product was going. I never knew I could move that fast but we had great spill packs and I was wiping with both hands before any gas got to the street. I guess we all could go on and on about what we did. The way I see it if you do not make those mistakes once in a blue moon after many years then you ain't hauling gasoline!!!

Who's terminal at Colton?

7. ramkatral

ramkatral Heavy Load Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    I've overloaded a comp too. High flow when it hit the probe. Didn't stop in time before blowing through the top hatch. Pssshhhht

8. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    I know you didn't mean to.....but you forgot that POS terminal on the south side of Tracy!

And the West Sacramento PD are now trying to ticket (for over length...a truck-trailer comb) the fuel rigs taking the 80/50 exit at Jefferson!

9. RALPHMANBEARPONY

RALPHMANBEARPONY Light Load Member

May 25, 2012
    CLEVELAND GA.
    Im pretty new,and Im carded at 3 terminals currently.Man what a learning curve this has been!
    Im hauling for QT and,sams club.I never thought about how stressful loading could be.
    Some of these drivers are down right nasty!Its been a disaster setting up,and getting arms to reach compartments,
    then skully goes red for no reason cause its loose fitting.
    I did have a guy this week give me a nice pep talk about keeping my ship together.Don't lose your cool when it hits the fan.
    All the drivers have problems at the rack,so don't let em rattle your cage if your slow.
    Im still trying to decide if this is for me.I wanna do a good job,but it seems impossible to get over 4 loads a day.
    Sweating my balls off dragging hoses,and trying to make quick drops in Atl.

10. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    A few more mergers and you won't need as many cards as the old days. And a new terminal, I've never seen one. I have 6 or 7.

11. GasHauler

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey

RALPHMANBEARPONY Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.