Whats the most tired you have ever been?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by D.Tibbitt, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Humblepie

Humblepie Pontificator

Dec 25, 2018
    upload_2019-7-11_18-34-48.jpeg

FerrissWheel, 7-UP and shogun Thank this.
  2. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    I would always be the most tired on overnight reefer runs. On I-70 utah in middle of nowhere and very tired I saw a trooper sitting in the middle with lights on and all, but turns out it was just a large bush.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I knew that one “Poster” you speak of with his truckstop counter stories, was no way in hell gonna pass up posting a another story on this thread. :D

4. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I have fond memories of lying on the floor of my grandparents living room, I was 5 or 6, they each had a hi-ball, watching Lawrence Welk until I was told bed time, best years of my life.

((Side note, this is what's missing in todays world, my parents used to drop me off every weekend at either Maternal or Paternal grandparents for the weekend. I have so many great memories, it's sad that this very little happens any more, and I'm glad when I see my friends post of FB of their grandkids spending the weekend))

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Coming back to Denver from a run to Houston, turn and burn, just past the Texas/Ok line, middle of the night, I swore there were hundreds of miniature people dancing an Irish jig on the hood of my truck, at some point it dawned me that was hail, it was raining, I didn't have my wipers on, took a 12 hr nap in Boise City, Ok.

FerrissWheel, frizzbees and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. striker

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    Yep, my day frequently starts about 2 am, not uncommon about 6 am to start looking for a place to take a 30 minute nap. I usually only sleep about 6 hrs at night anyhow.

7. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    My maternal grandmother had a mad crush on Lawrence Welk.

She would put on a nice dress, fix herself a whiskey and water, and just sit, watch, sip, and sigh.....

8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Tom Jones was the man in my Era...... ;)

9. OldeSkool

OldeSkool Medium Load Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Arkansas
    I heard a story once that may even be true. A guy was driving so tired he finally pulled in at a truck stop and just nosed in at a row of trucks and fell asleep behind the wheel. A while later he awoke to a row of orange cab lights in front of him. He totally panicked thinking he was still driving and bailed for his life. Then realizing his mistake he sheepishly picked himself up and climbed back in the truck.

striker, FerrissWheel, Eowyn and 3 others Thank this.
  10. lynchy

lynchy Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2010
    off the grid
    After a double Xmas Eve/day shift got 40 mins from home had to pull into services for some zzz's woke up some time later,convinced was still driving,grabbed steering wheel,empty parking lot,engine ticking over,lights on,radio blaring,done that few times in the past sure gets heart rate up!
    Another time after 11 fourteen hour nightshifts in -16,was supposed to have a date Fri night,got to sleep 6am Fri morning,went to toilet lunchtime n back to sleep....woke up 10am sat morning,needless to sale lady was unimpressed with excuse,that's pretty tired lol

• Draft saved Draft deleted