Whats the newest Shippensburg stink

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by Straight_Truck_Maverick, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Straight_Truck_Maverick

Straight_Truck_Maverick Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Backwoods,Pa
    I know this subject was beat as bad as a dead horse but trying to get back in the buisness but would not like to waste my time because the old piggy bank is getting empty. Im fixin to ship out to Shippensburg term in 2 days and was just wondering has this place went down hill or up hill since they opened this location. I am a no nonsence Triaxle driver who is used to running my guts out to make money but i dont care because i love to drive and really dont care about the negative crap i read hear because well i nead a job and they were the only one that would atleast send me to an orientation. If the economic downturn didnt smash the triaxle and coal industry of Pennsylvania i would still be driving a triaxle. I never went to one of these highspeed little things these companys call orientation because who ever i drove for in 10 years of my straight truck experience checked your MVR and then pinned you in the corner of the garage and basically told you that if you hurt my truck or my good standing in the community i will hand you your ##### in a plastic sheetz bag and then threw you the keys and told you to get the heck out of here.:biggrin_2556: So what i would like to know is what all this talk is about these orientations and how they make you sit for three days and then tell you your not hired what would cause you to not get hired and what all should be asked of the recruiter what are they put in charge to do or they just a mule skinner. What could i do to make everything go smoother i have a very good attitude and can be patient and respectfull but i expect the same thing in return after all we are all profesionalls right.
    Is one orientation location better than another?

Sorry for the ramble:biggrin_25516:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2013
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hhmag70

hhmag70 Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Trevorton,Pa
    if you hurt my truck or my good standing in the community

??? I understand the truck part.

Good luck with your job.

4. Straight_Truck_Maverick

Straight_Truck_Maverick Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Backwoods,Pa
    i know i wrote alot but what dont you understand

5. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    If you were honest on your application,

you should have no problem.

6. SAMMY6969

SAMMY6969 Medium Load Member

Nov 12, 2011
    100% honest ..MAKE SHUR YOU HV ALL YOUR identification .AND MAKE SHURE YOU CAN READ IT..example ..MY, SS,CARD..HAD A CREASE I. IT MY ,,H....IN MY LAST NAME COULD HV BEEN A ,,L....EVEN THOW I HAD 99 OTHER PEACES OF identification ..US X...MADE ME LEAVE..orientation ..TO GET A NEW ONE..SUCKED....ALSO ONLY OTHER THING IS US X..HAS TO verify PAST TEN YRS OF UOUR LIFE..PASS DRUG TEST & physical ..AND THATS IT WELCOME TO THE RAT RACE....GD LUCK..

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    When I first read the thread title I thought somebody had reopened the Miniskirt . Only a few Crusty drivers will understand that .

8. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    1. Don't go with a laminated SS# card either.

2. Have last 2 yrs of w2' forms from employer. This may need to be sent before orientation.

3. Pass the dot medical test.

4. Pass the drug test

5 Pass any written or driving tests.

6. Don't run over any instructors (joke here)

9. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Forgot one

7. Don't lie on any part of application.

10. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    If a person has had their social security card laminated for many years, could that person be sent home for that?

Would that person be required to get a new social security card?

Please advise. Thank you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.