Whats the real scoop?

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Jokerzwild, Dec 18, 2008.

1. boxkicker

boxkicker Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2008
    new have , ky
    Like any newbie I have to sart somewhere...I have no problem paying my dues to get to a point that I am a productive driver....I realize that maybe 50 percent or more of what we read here is just "venting" and that is ok...I also have no illusions of gradure that I will make my fortune out in the real trucking world wither but I dont wnat a life where I cant even make enough to feed myself on the road. I already have my cdl from a decent school. I do need the training as I hope my shifting ability will get better after one on one but I dont want to end up in the poor house either by working on the road....I know that being a newbie, I am at the bottom of the bottom, and i have to start somewhere (as did everyone else in thier day)....I can suck it up for the time I have to as long as there is some kind of light at the end of the tunnel....or di dI waste my time getting my cdl ? (someone tell me I didnt)....lol.

btw..forgive my typing ...grammer and typing is not my friend sometimes...lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. abdiver12

abdiver12 Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Boxkicker, with that kind of great attitude and willingness to pay your dues, you're bound to succeed in this business or anything else for that matter. Its all a matter of how willing you are to stick with it. If you already have your CDL, you can sign on with CRST to drive with a trainer and then a teammate. Since you didn't go through their school, you don't have to sign a contract and can quit whenever you want. Since you're a newbie and haven't got the shifting down perfect yet, this would be a smart way to start. If you get into trouble, there'll always be someone there to give you a hand or advice. I wouldn't stay with CRST for a career but its certainly a good place to learn the ropes. And yes, you'll easily make enough to feed yourself on the road but not much else. Once you get a year under your belt, become a solo driver or owner operator and you should be making at least 1000 per week. Best of luck to you.

Baack Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.