What's to stop me from forging a medical card?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Infosaur, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Not that I would of course,,,:biggrin_25517:

Mine's up for renewal, and between the company not willing to give me a sick day pay for going, the insurance being obstanant about paying and which doctors are "in network", and the nurses at the docs office even having a clue as to what I'm talknig about in the first place.

Long story short,,, it's a lot of BS for a card in my wallet that's seen less daylight than my library card.

It's not like the diesel bear's going to be like, "oh yeah, Dr. Galakawitz, yeah he delivered my brother in-law's 3rd son."

Kinda like driving w/out a licence,,, you're fine untill you get caught.

Seems like so few things get followed up on lately, it's highly unlikely a routine DOT is going to result in a call to see if the medical card is legit.

Now prescriptions on the other hand,,,,:biggrin_2559:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Nothing to stop you, keep in mind if your company finds out you'll get fired or grounded until you have a valid card.

4. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    my company pays for the medical card, I tell them when it's due, she sets up the appt. and send me over.

Since you now have to provide your employer with a copy of the long form and have a card in your wallet. You could also face criminal charges for forging it.

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  5. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    In Alberta, your CDL is proof of your Medical Fitness.

6. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    A forged one will make you lose any lawsuit in the country. Even a non-preventable.

That's enough to keep me in check.

rabbiporkchop and chalupa Thank this.
  7. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill Heavy Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Alberta
    I would think that if you were in an accident, EVEN if the cause was not health related, your insurance would be null & void because you are not legally qualified to be behind the wheel. Just like if someone broadsides you but you didn't have a legitimate license, you are at fault because you have no right to be there and you would have no insurance.

chalupa Thanks this.
  8. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

It's a small company, not a mega carrier. I wouldn't even think about trying it with an outfit like them.

Actually I was yucking it up with the HR/Safety director and I asked her flat out, "besides being completely illegal, how would it ever come up?" She didn't have an answer. So I turned here.

:biggrin_25520::biggrin_25520::biggrin_25520:This conversation never happened,,, I was never here.:biggrin_25520::biggrin_25520::biggrin_25520:

LOL!

KillingTime Thanks this.
  9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Reminds me when I was in the Military in San Diego in the 60's. Was on a cleaning crew that cleaned the Chiefs desk area etc. One night, he forgot to close the safe which contained "liberty" cards. (blanks). Helped myself to a few. Went to the library, used their typewriter to type in the info, and bamm, I get liberty on my schedule ! Gate sentrys never caught on.

DDlighttruck and Infosaur Thank this.
  10. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    My company absorbed a smaller company, lots of them had false medical cards

11. walstib

walstib Darkstar

>>>>>What's to stop me from forging a medical card?

Pride and common sense?

Heathar, HiLoSapien, RustyBolt and 8 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.