When am I no longer considered a new driver?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by otterinthewater, May 24, 2019.

1. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    I’ve done runs that required a team.

No issues with hos on ELD at the same time.

Just saying it’s possible to do anything when you put common sense into it.

4. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    :rolleyes::D

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  5. that is a fantastic question I'm glad you asked it cuz I'm curious to know too. I started my 28th and 1/2 year out here. and I still especially the last few years I'm learning stuff every single day. it makes me honestly wonder too how much longer

otterinthewater and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  6. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

What?, basketball shorts or tracksuits with flip-flops/ sandals ain't perfessional??

Frank Speak Thanks this.
  7. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Yes they are professional. If you play for the Lakers.

tramm01 and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I'll be a mechanic and act like an owner when I get paid like a mechanic and an owner.

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I started a "When will I be a real O/O" thread, and all the real O/O got mad.

10. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Id rather take 30 mins to an hour of my time to fix the company truck myself, so i can get back to making money. IMO that is better than sitting with my thumb up my butt for 2 hours waiting for road service, then another hour or more while they try to fix it... Or even worse, tell me they have to tow it back to the shop to change the brake chamber or what ever it is that needs fixed. Thereby wasteing even more of my time.

Before I started wrenching on my own truck, it was not uncommon to lose the majority of a day to have something simple repaired... And the bill would choke an elephant! So now whenever I can I fix my own truck... In the long run this saves me time (which in itself makes me more money) and saves the company the big bills that road service and tow hooks come with (which casts a positive light on me in the view of the company)... I go above and beyond to do my job to the ABSOLUTE BEST of my abilities.

You want to sit on the side of the road making little to no money while someone else wastes your time, or do you want to get moving down the road so you can be back to making the real money as soon as possible??? Seemed like a no brainer to me, I'm out here to make money... Not watch someone else make it hand over fist because I'm to proud to turn a wrench.

11. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Only repairs I'll do can be done with an adjustable wrench. I haven't had anything in the past 7 years that I would have been able to fix with parts I would have carried, and I ran junk for 5 years. What kind of crap have you been put in?

James j Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.