When it rains, (Texas CDL Speeding Ticket from another state Disqual)

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Jace, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Jace

Jace Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I always thought it was 3 years as well... guess not. =/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jace

Jace Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I just realized something tonight.

Back in 2010 I had to get some information for the speeding ticket that I'd gotten in December of 09, so I called the DMV to get said info. After giving it to me, the lady said, "Do you know that your CDL was suspended (or disqualified) in Louisiana last year?" To say the least, I was dumbfounded, as I did NOT know that. I called to LA and apparently they had screwed up a ticket I'd had back in 2004 and were saying that I hadn't paid it. I did pay it, even called to confirm that I paid it, but they said I hadn't. Even though somehow someone with the same last name as mine happened to pay a ticket on the same day. Anyway, I got that taken care of in March of 2010, but I had to get my CDL all over again. Tests, road, everything.

So, if I didn't technically have my CDL when I got that first ticket in 09, would that mean that I only had ONE ticket while I had my CDL, the one in July of 2010?

God, when I write out this #### it sounds like I get a speeding ticket once a year or something. I swear, I've learned to slow down. My first speeding ticket was right after my divorce when I was on my way to my little girl's birthday party, and my ex was on the phone ########.

Anyway, thoughts?

4. Jace

Jace Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Nevermind. It was cancelled, not suspended, and the guy at the DMV says that even though it was cancelled at the time of the ticket, the ticket says I had a CDL so it doesn't matter, I still got the ticket while having a CDL. Bollucks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.