Where are all high paying frac hauling jobs?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Sprtrckr350, Oct 11, 2013.

1. scout84

scout84 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2013
    So I had my phone interview with a guy from schlumberger. He then contacted SOS employment to inform them the interview went great and I am a strong candidate. I have been invited to interview on Dec 5th ..but is anyone familiar with the process? The next step? Will I take my drug test that day? I have no issues with doing so but just curious is this a good sign I will be hired? The gentleman told me over the phone.."once you are interviewed in person you will know within 24 hours if you are hired". Kinda has me a bit worried considering it's going to cost me about 1500 bucks for a flight and hotel. Any info would be great.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Me99

Me99 Medium Load Member

Jul 7, 2011
    Every oilfield company I've interviewed with I've got an offer from. Usually if you get an interview it means your in. Slb may be a little different but I doubt it.

4. Shadow Captain

Shadow Captain Light Load Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Denver,CO
    scout84, Why not just live in WY? No state income tax, lower sales tax, and as a whole the rent is cheaper. Don't get me wrong Ft. Collins is a nice city but because it is a college town it has the resulting problems most college towns have--transient population, higher rents etc. Plus after the floods that hit the front range in Sept. vacancy rates are even lower. During the winter I-25 is sometimes closed between Ft. Collins and WY.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  5. scout84

scout84 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I have thought about that as well but I have always wanted to live in fort collins. My wife will be able to finish college there as well. If I am not misunderstood, there is another highway that can take you to cheyenne.

6. Rodeoman7

Rodeoman7 Light Load Member

May 27, 2008
    Middle of Nowhere, CO
    I would much rather live in Cheyenne then foco.. Nicer town and as mentioned before taxes and cheaper COL

7. jdotson

jdotson Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2013
    how do i get on with sos staffing, do i go in an apply

8. scout84

scout84 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I was just hired on with sos yesterday for schlumberger. Just look on indeed..type in sos oil field

9. jdotson

jdotson Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2013
    Did u have to have experience or are u a newbie

10. scout84

scout84 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Just separated from the military. Zero oil field experience. I will say from my experience schlumberger is picky on who they hire. Out of 80 applicants 11 were hired and 6 of those were prior military.

11. BoilermakerII

BoilermakerII Bobtail Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Not sure what part of the country you call home, but I just started with a company in Springfield MO called Full Tilt. They haul liquid fracking material from Pearland TX to Williston ND. They seem pretty good. The southbound trips have been Iowa to OK, lots of deadhead. This is my first time back OTR in over 2 years and I feel like I could stay here for a while. They pay descent and their ad on craigslist said they were "committed to hiring veterans"...so since I'm a vet I thought I'd give it a try. So far so good. Just make sure if you make that trip, you take plenty of groceries so you don't have to buy anything in Williston, lunch cost me $19 and wasn't much!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.