Where are the liquid tanker load boards and brokers?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by mikec265, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Steeleyboys trucking

Steeleyboys trucking Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2018
    Just looked that web site up. It's not coming up. It redirects me to related links. Don't tell me their already down?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I think some of the larger bulk brokers have their own load boards. I'm not 100% but I think Odessy has one.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. oneshyne

oneshyne Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ

Sorry for this delay reply I didn't get no notification of any response on here until just the recent one no I don't know any out of that area. I barely know a few up here in the noNorthea.

6. semi-broke

semi-broke Bobtail Member

May 4, 2019
    Is it tough owning a tanker fleet?
    How did you get started?

7. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    I’d like to know this too. How do you get training or get the knowledge to pull a tanker? Are there safety people or former drivers that offer instructional services for owner ops or fleets wanting to learn how to be a tanker carrier?

I have a customer I could get that is good size but I have no clue where to start and tanker is not something you can guess on like van or even reefer.

8. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Most guys start out leased to a company and get the experience before going out on their own. It can be really really expensive to get an insurance policy. I was quoted $45,000/yr for a $5 mil policy to haul hazmat liquid.
    If you're not hauling hazmat, it's easier since you don't have to worry as much about the yearly VIK inspections or have such a large insurance policy.

9. semi-broke

semi-broke Bobtail Member

May 4, 2019
    Once on your own how did you get loads? Average rate?

10. ChicagoJohn

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    I'm not on my own, I wasn't going to pay the stupid insurance rates. With that said, the couple guys I know who've done it kept meticulous records of everyone they've hauled for leased to a company and the rates on each load. Then once they went on their own, they called the brokers directly. I've met guys who started hauling biodiesel or fatty acids or different oils directly to the biodiesel plants. A lot of the larger tank outfits also broker out loads. I know QC does for sure and odyssey is a large liquid/chemical broker.

• Truckers Report Jobs