where can i find good paying reefer loads?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by homesick, May 16, 2009.

1. homesick

homesick Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2007
    memphis,tn
    i will eventually get some real answers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
  4. Pawnd

Pawnd Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Chasing wind
    The reason for the sarcasm is this is an never ending situation, buy truck, or trailer, or get authority then come here and ask where they can get the good loads or go to make the good money.

Seems they should have known that BEFORE they made the purchase.

And sometimes we just can resist the temptation to be sarcastic.

5. homesick

Nov 26, 2007
    memphis,tn
    one person cant pull all the freight if you cant help then just dont type bs

6. Pawnd

Pawnd Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Chasing wind
    I usually just let this stuff go, but I think I won't this time. If you tell me what you are hauling, the city it came from, and where it is going and that it pays well. You will have a very slim chance of hauling it next week. I will find that shipper and those loads and own them if at all possible. Trucking is a competitive business in the best of times, in these times it is survival of the fittest. DOG eat Dog, cat, roadkill, dirt whatever to survive.

So to post where you are getting business on a public forum is tantamount to business suicide.

This is a sales and marketing business, as ALL businesses are, the product/service is transporting and delivering goods. If you can not sell and market your business your future isn't very bright.

Given the competitive nature of this business, the BS is in the first question.

ChromeNut, bamanation and 7mouths2feed Thank this.
  7. homesick

Nov 26, 2007
    memphis,tn
    this is like talking on the cb if you cant help dont type

8. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    Its always "hit and miss".everywhere,all day everyday.Find an area with few reefer trucks,few brokers but reefer loads.Hard to do.Matter of fact its hard to get your foot in the door doing anything now,but you know this,right?

9. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Spend 20 to 70 thousand on a piece of equipment without a plan, other than ask a public fourm what to do with it??? See it all the time. What happened to having a business plan?

I know someone that had his picture on the front of overdrive magazine, talked about his dream haul, gave way to much info and lost his "dream haul" You share info with friends, not the whole world.

Big_D409 and 7mouths2feed Thank this.
  10. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    My first post was serious. Nobody is going to give up there good sources. All you are going to get is the BS load board junk. No, you can't haul all the freight but you sure aren't going to give someone your GOOD freight. And that's exactly what your asking.

If you can't go out and find your own customers then you shouldn't have that truck or at the very least you should go lease it somewhere that will tell you what loads to go pickup

Should we go over just how many posts there is just like this??? Try using the search button once in awhile and you wont get all the mocking replies. A good many of us have been around here long enough to have seen this and a few other questions enough that it makes us want to vomit when we see it

Pawnd Thanks this.
  11. homesick

Nov 26, 2007
    memphis,tn
    if someone helps fine if they dont thats fine too ive made it this long with no help so im good

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.