where can i find good paying reefer loads?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by homesick, May 16, 2009.

1. WallyGator

WallyGator Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Clearwater,Florida
    try Sunco carriers not the best but you might make a buck.Walt

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. poptop

poptop Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2008
    anytown u.s.a.

4. Winchester Magnum

Winchester Magnum Road Train Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Alaska highway
    Alright, I'll thow you a bone. Florida produce to the east coast and eastern Canada is getting $2/mile +/-, ttt. A month from now, this post will be useless, however.

Good luck on getting good freight outta there though.

5. homesick

homesick Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2007
    memphis,tn
    i apreciate that magnum

6. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    nothing out of the east coast for more then a buck a mile. they know anytime there is alot of frieght to one area the rates go to crap coming back.

$2mi east, 1$mi west

7. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    I see you have been a trucker for 3 years.You are gonna amaze yourself at what you learn in the next 10 years.

8. didntitellu

didntitellu Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Ohio
    I dont know much about the Memphis market, but I know a friend that works for a reefer carrier pulls a lot out of there. Americold seems to be good for # of loads but not good for the rates. The same with Smithfield but their load times were insane when I pulled reefer. Other than that I dont know, but I use brokers a lot to find customers I like. Once you find a few you enjoy talk to the customer directly. You can cut the broker out (the dog eat dog reason why no one will give you the good load info) and still pull for less than they were paying while making more money yourself.

Problem right now is, as everyone was saying, freight is so slow that even the large carriers are looking for any extra loads they can find. So where the good freight is now is almost like the secret ingredent in Bush's Baked Beans.

9. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Talked to my friend and he stays busy constantly. He mentioned Genpro like I did.

KH

10. jpatasl

jpatasl Bobtail Member

May 7, 2009
    Truro, NS
    It's Lobster season in Nova Scotia right now. Not sure what the rates are like south...but the freight is likely there. Florida strawberries/oranges/grapefruit or whatever north...Nova Scotia Lobsters south?? To get Lobster loads you could try Clearwater fine foods in Bedford N.S. maybe? They broker the majority of the lobster headed to the US from around here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.