where can i find good paying reefer loads?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by homesick, May 16, 2009.

1. RAMPAGE

RAMPAGE Light Load Member

May 26, 2009
    Everywhere, U.S.A.
    I don't think guys on here (who haul reefers) are going to "just" tell you a good broker, you do know it's a competitive business?!?!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tiger1996

tiger1996 Light Load Member

May 25, 2009
    athens,ga
    I am sure you are right but that is stupid thinking.I am not out to steal work and probably will not haul for as cheap of a rate as most.Everyone in trucking seems to think they have a secret broker,but the truth is 95%of brokers could care less about truckers.Seems like owner operators would try to stick togethor and want everyone working,that away they could compete with the big companies.I do not mean to sound negative but most truckers seem to only want to help themselves.A small company can not haul all the freight a good broker has so why the secret.

4. BCTINC

BCTINC Bobtail Member

May 25, 2009
    The Highway
    I could personally care less if you are making a bajillion dollars a day or 14 cents a day.... And yes, I am selfish and not a team player.... Go find your own brokers and shippers like everyone else has.

5. tiger1996

May 25, 2009
    athens,ga
    I have no problem with how you feel,everyone in the usa is entitled to there own opinion.Hope you make plenty of money at trucking,and if I can ever help you I would be glad to.THANKS for your input and maybe everyone does not feel the same as you.

6. 112racing

112racing Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    pocono's, pa
    nrt trucking out of nj don't know much about them tho but they have an add on craigslist go to their website

tiger1996 Thanks this.
  7. RAMPAGE

May 26, 2009
    Everywhere, U.S.A.

right now things are slooow!!!! I used to do the west coast a lot and rearly the east coast. Right now loads out to cali are under $1.00/mile which no way i'm going to take. I don't driver anything under $2.00/mile and it's hard to find. All i been doing is chicago and new jersey in the last two months. Can't even find anything going toward florida that's over $2.00. You got people dricing for about $0.97/mile which is no profit. I still drive and make great profit doing the east coast i just hate the east coast. If you have anything going toward georgia you can pick up a load of peppers from florida.

8. tiger1996

May 25, 2009
    athens,ga
    Yea I am baased out of georgia,and I also will not work cheap.My problem is I can never get a load back,maybe it is because if it dont pay good I will just dead head home.Thanks for all the info.

9. RAMPAGE

May 26, 2009
    Everywhere, U.S.A.
    well you got a reefer and in florida it's madd peppers right now, i ones drive a load of peppers from florida to cali for $7'500. But look for anything toward cali because you can pick up a bunch of stuff right now from there from what i heard from others drivers at truck stops but i haven't gone out there in about 2 1/2 months. But yeah your right i won't drive cheap either, you a o/o?

10. tiger1996

May 25, 2009
    athens,ga
    Yea o/o,but my equipment is to old for cali with there restrictions.I have a couple of petes,we own a construction company and move our equipment with them.I just got the reefer trailer and a van because I like trucking and would love to make something out of it.Thanks for your input.

11. homesick

homesick Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2007
    memphis,tn
    you can run any reefer in cali until july 17

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.