Where do I stand with the rest with about 8000 miles per month?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by M T, May 18, 2019.

1. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    That is the Beauty of this job with the earning potential. My company used to run me pretty hard last year when I first started.

The big miles and lack of sleep while unloading started to catch up with me so I slowly dialed it back.

Now days if I do 2500 I feel like I did a big week

Work says of me , we know you don't like to drive more than 8 hours a day and don't like early mornings or driving later in the evening so this is the Run I have for you.

All works out. My dispatch is Golden in my eyes 99% of the time.

D.Tibbitt and Lepton1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    It depends on how much cpm you get. If you're getting between 45 and 50cpm, these days, most drivers will only do 2000 - 2200 per week on average. A lot freight has become regional. It's very rare for me to get a coast to coast run. Personally I average about 10000 miles per month

tommymonza Thanks this.
  4. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I pay about 60 cpm with weekends home and my guys avg 2700 miles

5. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    you wouldn't last over here, but if you're happy then so be it...

6. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    This time of year, I am happy with 1000 miles a week or even none. lol
    winter I am happy with 2000 a week, but they try to get me to do 3000.

tommymonza and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    I averaged 12,500 miles a month last year, I usually stay out four weeks.

8. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    The Pacific NW is kind of a hit and miss market right now for freight. I can get all kinds of good paying loads to the area, but getting good ones out of there can be difficult, which may explain why you're not getting many good loads from there.

You should check out Central Oregon Trucking company in Redmond. I've heard they're one of the best companies to work for in the entire US. They pay well and always have newer equipment.

Built by Flatbed Drivers, Still Managed by Flatbed Drivers | COTC

9. WesternPlains

WesternPlains Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    8887 miles as of the 15th of this month.
    Home time is not an option.
    Reefer Madness

10. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    Dang. Y'all work too hard for my taste! If I run 2000 miles in a week, it was a very busy week. But I'm only running local. Most weeks I run around 1700 miles give or take. I've been averaging around 90000 miles a year, and averaging around $65k, paid on percentage. I know I could do better, but I'm content where I am

11. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    LOL, Sometimes it just isn't about money.
    I was dealing with a terminal manager a few years ago, trying to get set up to haul their extra freight. he was adamant that I lease on to them instead of hauling the extra under my authority and said they were not going to take any more outside carriers. He kept on with wanting me to lease on and finally ask why. I told him then he would be able to force me to run 3 trips a week, and I wasn't going to do it, so he said he could work with that. I said yep, until you don't I know exactly what happens when you are busy. Then I told him that come winter I would only do one run a week, and he said why, that is when everybody wants to run hard.
    I explained I would be running my log truck and only haul a load of freight on the weekend. lol
    He said are you going to try to tell me that you can make more money in a log truck. I told him I didn't say anyting about making money, I said that is what I am going to do. lol
    I left with a solid NO WAY, but was back the next day to pickup a load, I had leased on to the carrier that hauls their extra freight (their only lease truck) . He looked at me and told me that sure didn't take long, I said nope, just a phone call. lol

rbrtwbstr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.