Where do you as a driver look for jobs?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by RidingThe414, Mar 28, 2018.

1. RidingThe414

RidingThe414 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Oak Creek, WI
    I'm a recruiter. Not trying to persuade you away from your company if you're happy (but glad to talk to you if you're not!) but I'm just wondering where you all start looking for jobs when you ARE looking. Do you focus on Indeed, Craigslist, Google...where do your eyes go???? You know how the market goes so I want to get your feedback out there to find some qualified drivers for our trucks. If this is not the appropriate forum for this question I apologize and remove as needed. Just looking for some answers. Thanks ahead of time!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    For me, I have 70k driven. I dont need a national company telling me that I need to ride second/ third seat because they want to have an excuse to not pay me for work. So I probably wont look for national carriers. Especially when they lie about there not being any loads north of Portland Maine. What a CROCK!

As to how I search? Apparently you dont know of a forum member here called @Chinatown. If you want to know what is available, ask him. He has the answers.

Oh and no need for apologies. Though you proobably should edit out the company you represent (might look like illegal to forum advertising)

driverdriver and RidingThe414 Thank this.
  4. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    The best way to search for a career position. Would be to stop looking in those lying trucking magazine advertisements. Stay off of Craigslist looking at ads that offer a 100mph Volvo.

After one does that, while at the truck stop fueling up. Look for the driver that might be a little bit older and seems happy over all. Start the ask about the company. And how long has the driver been there. Find out what they do, where they go, etc. Then on your free time start to research the company.

I have found out about the upper echelon of companies this way.

5. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    I like Indeed.com. But I also watch for condition of equipment, driver's appearance and behavior in general. And talking to drivers, be it at the truck stop or the tank wash is always helpful.
    Not looking right now... very happy where I am at.

misterG and RidingThe414 Thank this.
  6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    It would also be nice if the recruiter didnt let people whom call get voice mail becuase whom ever doesnt want to answer the phone.
    directed at OP

7. RidingThe414

Nov 27, 2017
    Oak Creek, WI
    Good call with editing out the company name...I don't see how to do that though, I hope I don't get in trouble by the forum reps. I am relatively new to this forum but it's FULL of valuable info. And I am thankful for all the responses so far!!! *** UPDATE*** I figured it out and edited what I needed to. Thanks again!!

8. RidingThe414

Nov 27, 2017
    Oak Creek, WI
    I agree. OP stepped out to lunch, I see a missed call from a William ****, 207 area code...you I'm assuming? I am back at my desk now.

9. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Word of mouth invite only..
    I have numbers saved from people I’ve met along the way.

@wore out
    Could you have someone from your recruiting department give me a call when a seat in a 359 comes available ?
    You do have auto shift 359’s right or nah ?

I can’t shift I need an auto... :confused1:

MagnumaMoose and RidingThe414 Thank this.
  10. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Qualified drivers and good drivers can be two completely different things.
    Every job I've looked at in those bs truck mags has been just that.
    Craigslist jobs the same , every great once in awhile a golden nugget will show up on cr but 99.99 % is worse than what's advertised in the truck mags and sites like CDLJOBS.com .
    Those of us that have been around for awhile know and understand that especially in today's truck world a driving job worth having isn't going to be found in the advertised section of anything.
    If your in need of good quality drivers it starts with in your company.
    If it's truly a job worth having they wouldn't need ' you'

Odin's Rabid Dog and RidingThe414 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.