Where do you as a driver look for jobs?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by RidingThe414, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Partially yes, but the cell phone user has to go in to their account and have the caller ID label turned on. However, for him to act like the way he did under incorrect assumptions was wrong, and that's what im addressing

Dan.S and johndeere4020 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BarberTrucker

BarberTrucker Bobtail Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Personally I get recommendations from friends and I talk to actual drivers to see what they like and don’t like bout the company they work for. Recruiters lie in my opinion. Even company I drive for now lied bout a few things but I enjoy running for them. I believe the only truth comes from the people who are currently working for said company.

RidingThe414 Thanks this.
  4. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    I gotta think the OP was telling the truth based on the name and number he used, how else would he know that information?

Dan.S, SAR and Gunner75 Thank this.
  5. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    Sometimes you can find a good job from the number on the wall in the John.

6. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I found my current job on Craigslist and surprisingly it worked out. I also explore Indeed.com a lot especially for company reviews or search them here on Truckers Report. I may also crosscheck the same company from Craigslist on Indeed.com or Google for their official website and may judge a company based on it's website. I've seen some web pages that still look like they were designed in the 90s. In some cases, I may also find their recruitment videos on YouTube which I think does help in showing candidates the facility and equipment at least.

I did attend one Job Fair for Schneider but it was just an HR office person with a bunch of brochures. An actual driver I think would have been more informative.

I have a profile on LinkedIn so I can be found there and sometimes see recommended jobs.

Otherwise, I quit Facebook a few months ago so that tool is gone and I don't miss it. That company is looking more and more ridiculous everyday.

RidingThe414 Thanks this.
  7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I think you're making #### up

8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I always look to Craigslist. Reputable companies are on there now. I get faster results that way. I prefer to work for smaller companies, and I'll find more of what I'm looking for right there

RidingThe414 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Whatever man, I know for a fact anyone can go into their cell phones account and change their caller id information to whatever they want. I think your mistrusting of recruiters is driving your attitude towards her. The company does not under any circumstances allow any of their employees to employ deceitful practices when trying to get drivers interested. Besides I find it really hard to believe that she would actually have anything to gain by lying about what information come up on her caller id end.

RidingThe414 and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  10. johndeere4020

johndeere4020 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Ohio
    I don’t want to get banned so I’m out before I say something I can’t take back.

SAR and Gunner75 Thank this.
  11. RidingThe414

RidingThe414 Bobtail Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Oak Creek, WI
    @lovesthedrive I truly have no idea why you're so upset and claiming I'm lying. You didn't confirm it was you that called so I don't get the hostility of me not doing my part. There was no message left, and I get a ton of calls that aren't even real people so I return the calls that people leave voicemails for. There was no voicemail left. Please see the photo attached to this message. I've blocked out true contact info. Our phones have caller ID to whatever the name registered on the plan is. That's technology nowadays. I did look at your location and you're outside of our hiring location anyway. Our closest terminal is Youngstown and I'm sure that's too far of a commute for you. Thank you for showing interest though.

Regardless of me having to defend myself, I appreciate everyone else's feedback here. I'm not trying to make waves, just trying to do my job better and help more drivers. I hope others on this thread can understand that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.