Where do you find good paying loads?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Ownboss trucker, May 21, 2022.

1. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yes in order to activate, you must stand in front of a brokers desk and pound on the table like a monkey while chanting "no cheap freight ! No cheap freight!" This is your initiation into the club.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
  4. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I find good paying freight by looking for it. :)

5. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    This is the #### I’m dealing with.

He’s paying $1.75/ mile.

245337F1-DAEE-473A-A2DD-4121991F3518.jpeg

6. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    You using a dispatch service?

7. bonder45

bonder45 Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Williston, ND
    Load board.

8. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    The minimum should be $3.50/mile imo.

9. markealy

markealy Road Train Member

Jun 20, 2013
    EL PASO
    Lolo I just put together together 8500 with my lease purchase not counting fuel surcharge

Attached Files:

10. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    I have only pulled four loads under $3 a mile in the last 8 months. Reefer. That is we’re I draw the line since fuel went up. I also have high operating costs to cover the service I provide. My operating cost is higher than some are making a mile. I am not worried about going out of business. We are doing fine, to my own surprise. There is still a market to serve choosy customers. It’s those that I seek out to serve. I have a customer that requires a good carrier score from corporate. No bad reviews from 3pl via carrier watch and no dings on safety. Since I have a clean carrier ratting from 3pl’s I can haul for them and they agree to my rate. I never bad mouth. It’s yes sir and no mam. No service failures, but one will happen in the future. It’s trucking. If something goes a miss I will move heaven to get it done. If it costs me ten grand to cover a 1800 dollar load so be it. Failure is unacceptable. Only losers fail. I am here to serve. It has recently paid off with my new customer. I am able to do fine in a tough market. Always get asked to reload. A different customer prefers a carrier that speaks english and doesn’t show up with embarrassing junk equipment to their customers. It makes them look better to have me take their delivery. I had to make changes were and for who I pull often to make it work. It’s been a learning curve, but I give it the intensity I learned from the military. There is no reason to haul for less then you want for as long there is a market for what you are able to provide. When you find a plumber to do a job you look at price and quality of service. Sometimes you will pay extra for the quality. Many customers and brokers are the same. It’s not all about the lowest price. Well unless it’s tql ch or the like.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yep there's always a way in it really comes down to do you want to go down that road though? Got to get used to greasing palms wink wink nudge nudge. :cool:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.