Where is a good place to lease a truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by thedead57, Jan 26, 2010.

1. joshk

joshk Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2010
    booneville,ms
    i want to lease on with a company first. What is a good one im in memphis. thats why i thought landstar would be good.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckinmike

truckinmike Bobtail Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Campbellsville, Ky
    I worked for Landstar for about 4 months. You have to buy all your insurance through them. They charge you for all comdata tranactions and scanning your bills.They only pay 64% if you pull their trailer. They have a lot of drop and hook freight. You will not find midwest freight on their load board only Florida, Texas, And East Coast with very cheap freight coming out of there if any. I liked their setup but if your not in with their independent brokers you will go broke in a hurry.

4. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Not quite true, you don't have to buy any insurance from them, you don't have to scan your bills, they give you postage paid envelopes for free. They charge $1.75 to load your comdata card, much less than a lot of others and you don't have to use it. They have not raised the card fee in over 18 years.

True most of the good freight is not posted on LS's board, but the same is true about all load boards, there is no need to post the good freight, you can move it with one call.

5. joshk

joshk Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2010
    booneville,ms
    i have decide to lease on with a small company right here they pay 90% the only down side is i pay all of the insurance plates and permits. But he has told me i would not get aload under $1.50. so i thought i would give him a shot.

6. Big John

Big John Road Train Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Good Luck! Hope everything goes good.

7. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Good luck. keep us updated how it's going. Where are you based out of? what co you leasing to?

8. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    Sounds like dixieland out of fulton ms.

9. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    I would bet that is gross outbound.Let us know how that inbound rate looks.90% of 1.50 plus 150 a week for ins,well best of luck,hope it works for u.

10. joshk

joshk Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2010
    booneville,ms
    i have leased on with triple m out of cournth ms. i have got all my ins. plates and perments. should be able to start rolling by mid week..

11. B&T Rogers

B&T Rogers Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Kingsley, MI
    I am looking for a good small company in Michigan to lease on with... What is up with all these carriers out there only offering .80 cpm or .90 cpm LOL? What a joke.... I know for a fact that anyone who signes a lease for .80 or .90 cpm was dropped on their head as a babie. I could not even run those numbers with a FSC. I was doing well where I was , untill I had to take time off for a long drawn out custody battle with my x-wife. Needless to say I won the battle , but in the meantime lost my lease with the carrier I was leased to. I have all that crap taken care of, and now I'm looking for a good carrier to lease on with.

Thanks.....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.