Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Isafarmboy

Isafarmboy Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Alberta
    ####. Or manure if that gets censored.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Was there any kind of offer to make amends of some kind by the person in question?

I personally couldn’t live with myself if I did that without at least offering to buy the repair job.

Tug Toy, jamespmack, TX2Day and 7 others Thank this.
  4. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    He's on the phone

"I'm empty boss. Head back to the yard?"

Tug Toy, jamespmack, cke and 8 others Thank this.
  5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

He was miles from home working on a crew for EZ. He didn’t have much and all I got was a $100 gift card from the Harley shop…

Tug Toy, jamespmack, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    I’m with Mack on that one. My name is the most valuable thing I have. If I didn’t have much, but I was working, at the very least, I would send $50/week. Slow trickle, but it’s something.

sawmill, Tug Toy, jamespmack and 9 others Thank this.
  7. Nahbrown

Nahbrown Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Illinois (the sane part)
    IMG_3757.jpeg

Exciting stuff today!!

Tug Toy, jamespmack, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  8. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    It hit the ground hard enough it shifted the transmission or the engine enough that it broke the internal belt drive from being out of alignment when I tried to start it. It went home on a trailer and has remained in the basement all these years since. I loved that bike, it was my pride and joy. Demolished the outer primary and cracked the inner primary. Bent the bars, bent the left fuel tank, bent the forward controls on the left side, and done some damage to the left front tip of the front fender….

Tug Toy, jamespmack, cke and 7 others Thank this.
  9. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    So when I was way younger and slightly dumber, I had a 2001 Gsxr 750. It was spotless. One day ex gf (now ex wife) were at a frien...acquaintances apt. He would always talk about what a good rider he was, how he was gonna get another bike soon, blah blah. Well he asks to take my bike for a spin around the parking lot. I figured he's fine, so I say sure. He pulls a pistol out from his waistband and hands it to me to hold.

This fool proceeds to rev it, dump the clutch and go straight forward out of control then smash the front brakes and crash 6 or 7 parking spots away. No real damage, just some scratches on the plastic. We walk over and I briefly thought about shooting him in the leg, lol. I think he saw it in my eyes. Was rambling on with excuses, I just picked the bike up tossed his pistol at him, told him he was an idiot and we had to go. He swore up and down he'd pay for the damaged fairing, but low and behold from then on he was like a fart in the wind, gone. Never really saw or hung around him again.

I learned a lesson of dont let anyone on my stuff. Especially if you know they can't afford to fix it.

10. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    You're right he's a scumbag. Harley's only need one person to lift a touring bike up, when done right. My wife could do it...he's a wimp. That's one of those things that the Harley Rider's Course teaches you, as well as the Advanced Motorcycle course, another insurance discount course. However, dropping a Harley, is a sin, so he must be mistaken. :)

jamespmack, cke, Feedman and 3 others Thank this.
  11. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    That's the OTR life. Welcome to the world. :) Laundry is an eventful day. :)

wifi_guru, Tug Toy, jamespmack and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.