Where is Radio unlock code on new Volvo?

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by alex6999, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Dev virk

Dev virk Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2018

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    Pull radio out and there will be a code on back.. Volvo can only tell you the code if it is original radio that came in the truck, which is iffy because Volvo radios suck..

6. Mudman78

Mudman78 Light Load Member

May 23, 2016
    You can also look up the code with Tech Tool.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Or you can choose not to have a radio in there at all.

I once ran a semi truck with a big portable boom box feeding off the two 12 volt bolts on the passenger side of the dash for music and everything. I cut the adaptor off the wiring to the boom box plug, stripped the wire ends and find the power to wind them to and done. Music time.

My Tahoe's radio is sitting inside the table in my home. Everything in it was destroyed in the sound system by the previous owner. SO there is no point in having a attractive radio that says steal me inside that thing. It would take 300 dollars to replace any one of the windows in that thing which is more than what the entire vehicle (Radio included) is worth.

I get everything through the smart phone. If there is a need for music or whatever, I can pull it off it's internet well enough with unlimited data. My hearing aids are capable of accepting blue tooth and a certain amount of wireless audio input among other things. So hands free driving laws etc is completely bypassed and not worried about.

• Truckers Report Jobs