Where the heck is the money in sand?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Oilfield Trash, Mar 13, 2013.

1. tuercke

tuercke Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2014
    NH
    I spoke with someone at Struble today. Their insurance company requires 2 years minimum experience as a CDl Holder. Sounded like you may get in below 2 years with a CDL school certificate of some sort. Unfortunately I didn't acquire my cdl through school, nor do I know anyone in the area to vouch for me as I would in the Boston area.

rabbiporkchop, do any of the companies you mentioned pay as well as Struble(400 minimum) and hire with 8 months Experience? I have 2 Years OTR experience, but 14 months of my experience was driving a toter home and race trailer for a team nationwide WITHOUT a CDL (huge grey area you may or may not be aware of).

I called the others you had mentioned today, either couldn't get a hole of the right individual or was too late in the day. I'll be making more calls tomorrow.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Joel Leland

Joel Leland Bobtail Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Laurens, SC
    No money where you are at. I made $400.00 a DAY in North Dakota on a slow day. Stop your freaking crying and go where the money is and stop playing with those 2 bit companies. It does not matter how many times you say it, "There is no money in sand" does not make it true. Hell, I am driving a vac truck in WEST TX and thinking about going BACK to sand because I WORK MY ### OFF for less money than I made hauling sand which was less work.

4. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    That "in a day" comment could mean 24 hours hours knowing most sand haulers.... :)

Western flyer Thanks this.
  5. Leviathan Tube

Leviathan Tube Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Georgia
    Whoa! I thought all the work in PA was either far northeast or out by Pittsburgh. I have relatives in Center County! This may be worth a close look.

6. albert2

albert2 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Texas
    Well, no wonder!!! Look at who you worked for. First company I hauled sand for, I made 39000 gross all year. Think I might not should mention the name. Then hooked up with Northwest Logistics. Even with 3 months off last year due to medical, still grossed over 62000. And YES, I could prove that with check stub.

7. albert2

albert2 Light Load Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Texas
    No sir, it does not sound right.

8. Idahoarcher

Idahoarcher Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2014
    I work in ND hauling sand for a company in Sidney MT and my first week grossed 2600. Most weeks since then have been at right around 2000.00 Your in the wrong area.

AC22 Thanks this.
  9. AC22

AC22 Medium Load Member

May 6, 2010
    Williston, ND
    KC Sandcastle or Kelly Supply? I heard KC was heading to WY for some big EOG work.

10. Idahoarcher

Idahoarcher Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2014
    KC and yeah a bunch of our guys went down that way a Monday I believe.

11. kogaFX

kogaFX Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Frozen Lease Road, ND
    Well, I'm feeling the pain that sand can be. When the gettin was good, I was makin 9-10k gross a month. Now I'm making half that, possibly less, in the past 3 weeks. Apparently we lost a contract to tutle and tutle [underbid us by quite a bit and can't keep up since we sporadically send helper trucks for their pad]

Hopefully tutle loses the contract and we get it back. When will halliburton learn you get what you pay for??!?!?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.