Where to get DOT medical without a mask?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Torchmanner, Nov 16, 2020.

1. 8thnote

8thnote Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Chattanooga, TN
    Again, if your (or anyone elses) fear is that great then stay home. I will not be muzzled to assuage your (or anyone elses) fear.

Roberts450 and AModelCat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    You wear a seatbelt while driving?

4. AKDoug

AKDoug Medium Load Member

Mar 21, 2018
    Not quite the same. One is for protecting yourself, one is for protecting others (maybe).

Roberts450 Thanks this.
  5. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    I’m so indifferent to it but it’s a respect thing for me. The neighborhood I grew up in makes this whole thing weird for me...if you were to wear masks and walk into stores something was about to go down.. If somebody was to walk up within 6 feet of you.. they might be up to something so I was always suspicious of people. But to the respect thing I don’t walk around farting in peoples space and then go “what? this is America if you don’t want me farting in your space, go sit in the house” it takes 2 seconds to put a mask on do what you gotta do and go about your day. Heck I’ve walked into stores with my mask on and got in spaces where nobody was near me and slid the mask to my chin. I’m just not up in everybody face. It’ll be a hot day in hell when some idiot with a flu or whatever comes up coughing and wants to have a conversation. Before you say “well that’s different” really think about it

6. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    I'm pretty sure I've already had it so I'm not worried about myself.
    Unlike you however I recognize that I'm moving through other people's environments and I will not negatively impact them out of ego, ignorance or otherwise. I might have just left a sick hot spot so being the god loving and compassionate human that I am I can manage a mask to minimize risk to the next place I go.
    It's probably within the spectrum of antisocial or sociopathic to equate following respectful public health recommendations with 'cowering in fear'. I feel sorrow for your skewed outlook. And muzzles are for the bedroom, not at work... LOL

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Several thoughts as I read through this thread. First I suggest keeping the political drama out of this subject or risk having a staff member move the thread to the politics forum. The bottom line is simple. If you live in a state OR are on property that mandates masks wear them or leave. If you live in a place where masks are optional then don't. I fail to see where the room for debate is.

Next, I would not play games with the carriers in regard to the hippa laws. In fact, I would highly advise you to not try to use hippa to hide anything that might compromise your fitness to operate any employer's property safely especially in this highly regulated environment!

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  8. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Couple of things. First, yes there are exemptions for people with certain conditions such as asthma. Florida is an example of where that is true. Secondly they also said you must show proof. Thirdly HIPPA does not exempt you from giving information. It stops ANYONE who has access to your health information from disclosing it. Not just medical professionals. This includes your insurance company and employer.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  9. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    #### you a bad ###

not4hire Thanks this.
  10. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Stay away from people, then. My friend lost first his father and then his mother last week from COVID-19.

Blue Zombie Trucker Thanks this.
  11. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I would advise EVERONE to go take a look at the current FMCSA physical long-form and the questions asked on that form. The FMCSA is using its authority granted to it by Congress under Title 49 USC (not CFR) 113 to ask for this information and NO ONE can legally use HIPAA to hide this information IF it applies to you. If you lie on this form most likely you will get by with doing so. However, you are taking a serious risk if through "circumstances" this fraudulent physical is discovered. You are also exposing your carrier as well. I doubt very seriously most carriers care if you have an issue with E.D. or some type of skin problems. They do care if you have an issue that may cause problems with your fitness to operate a CMV.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.