Where to get good tarps?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by LTLdreamin, Jan 27, 2022.

1. LTLdreamin

LTLdreamin Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2020
    Hey guys, I'm trying to get my own authority. I'm curious on what brand of 8' Lumber tarps to buy. I've helped TMC and P&S drivers fold tarps before and I think they have the best kind. Anyone know who manufactures them? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    I use girard tarps. Girard Tarps Inc. im a rock truck but ive seen them make other types and they do a good job.

4. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    Tri city canvas is where I got all my tarps from. Super high quality. They also make coil bags that are really nice too.

OLDSKOOLERnWV and Aamcotrans Thank this.
  5. goga

goga Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Earth..
    When I was pulling step deck, I've had light weight tarps from DS-Sewing. 2 end pieces and one middle. 50lbs each. Had them for 7 years till quit trucking, always padded though.

snowman1980 and beastr123 Thank this.
  6. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    I have a set of 8’s from Marco’s truck tarps in Houston and they have been good so far.Also Houston truck tarps seems to have good ones as well.I believe I paid $780 for the set in May.

7. Gliding ProStar

Gliding ProStar Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Waxahachie, Texas
    I have used Double C Canvas in Midlothian, TX exclusively for all of my tarps and major repairs. They are a tad more expensive than some of the other major canvas companies but I have never had a single issue with any of their tarps.

Flatbed Truck Tarps | Trucking Supplies | Cargo Control

8. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Yeah, company I drove for down there used them, too. Of course, they paid for the cheaper by the dozen repair priced I think, because they had patches all over them tarps. The newer ones looked good, but they didn't last long with those other drivers. o_O

9. Gliding ProStar

Gliding ProStar Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Waxahachie, Texas
    I've had really good luck with their tarps. The only rips or tears have come from my mistakes and their repairs have been top notch.

CAXPT Thanks this.
  10. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    Just remembered that Sioux City Tarp sold me a really good 8 foot drop when I had my hotshot.They are located in Sioux City,Iowa.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.