Where to park for night time showers?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Canadianhauler21, Jul 29, 2018.

1. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Ugh

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Wondered the same... Always did personal biz off the timer.... 0800 shutdown (per the OP), easy to get into about any truckstop anywhere. Shower, then sleep..... plus, your bedding stays fresher longer because you aren't sleeping in your 'stank' then cleaning up to sit in the rosy-fresh-seat while your bed linen rots behind you.

Bookhacker Thanks this.
  4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    It's sort of like washing your hands, next take a dump, then going to eat...and while eating, you wonder why your fingers smell. "But I washed my hands!"

5. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    72.4% of truckers do not shower anyway. I would just stop showering. However, I do like to shower the first Sunday of the month whether I need it or not.

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    Ugh! I shower everyday or at the most I might skip a day here or there; but; baby wipes and antibacterial make contact with me on those days!

7. DAX_

DAX_ Medium Load Member

Sep 4, 2017
    You have the whole truck stop to yourself when you shut down but you rather park at a rest area? Lol

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  8. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    One of the best things about driving overnight is having your choice of spots when you shut down. And this guy wants to park in rest areas, start his clock and then look for parking to take a shower at the worst possible time. Im not going to tell him what he should do but that aint it.

9. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    This is confusing, you run from 8 to 8 and you go to rest areas to take your reset?

Why are you pulling into a truck stop at 9 to shower when you are loaded?

10. Canadianhauler21

Canadianhauler21 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2017
    I can't stand the amount of noise in the truck stops during the day, which is why I prefer rest areas a little ways off the highway. From people with their Kenworth t680s and their horribly loud fans, to the guy who parks his reefer beside you while you sleep. Not to mention the sound of people pulling their buttons out. My bottom line is truck stops have alot more noise than a rest area does. Which is why I park in rest areas.

11. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Seems like rest areas would be worse than truck stops for noise, especially during the day.

WesternPlains Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.