Where to rent Box 26' Box Truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by kakoide92, Jan 14, 2022.

1. kakoide92

kakoide92 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2021
    I think you are wrong when you said there is a companies who can afford. Ryder and Penske raise the price not just because its a high demand. They increase price because trucks breaking when customer drive 5000 miles weekly so they can not make any money on it.
    Admin, please delete this thread looks like there is no answer just questions and I am pretty new in a trucking so looks little weird when experience truckers don't know answer on 2+2=?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kakoide92

kakoide92 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Thanks! Totally forgot on them. Will check it out tomorrow. Budget rental have good deal but also they won't let you drive a lot of miles...

4. Lexuslane

Lexuslane Medium Load Member

Oct 22, 2021
    What vehicle would those customers like to see arrive to pick up their two pallets ?

new Cadillac Escalade ?
    Sprinter van ?
    53 foot trailer ?

5. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Do you provide motels for the drivers who stay out for a month? Do you provide motels at all?
    Are you paying 1099?

brian991219 and homeskillet Thank this.
  6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Dock high dry vans.

These customers want to lock the trailer into the dock which a lot of box trucks can’t be locked into the dock. One customer had a box truck move forward because the brakes didn’t hold and a forklift almost fell off the dock before they require to lock every trailer no matter what. If it can’t be locked, it can’t be loaded or unloaded.

7. kakoide92

kakoide92 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2021
    All of my trucks are dock high never have issue but bigger truck more money. I can fit 12 pallets but I don't complain :)
    Someone asked do I provide hotels. I do but in specific situations. They have a sleeper in a truck. I provide hotel if truck breakdown.
    Omg people from google will be happy when thry find this theard :)

8. kakoide92

kakoide92 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2021
    It's different with box trucks, I have loadboards just for box trucks and no need to lock 'trailer' and no need fork lift to go inside but they usually do if its not to heavy and I never had a issue.

Edit: Staff member I guess you are admin. You should ask better question. Welcome to McDonald's party!

9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
  10. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    they don’t increase prices where their customers can’t afford it, they increase prices to the point where they make money and so can the customer. They look at freight prices just like you and me.

you said you are new in trucking yet you call everyone clowns here who have asked questions to see if they can better understand your situation.

let me tell you something many of us here are thinking. The clown is the one that walks into the room and calls everyone a clown without knowing who’s who.

you don’t know if I’m a box truck owner or owner of a box truck company with 100 trucks. You have no idea what everyone here does or owns. You my friend have opened your mouth and insulted everyone who’s here trying to figure your situation out and guide you.

but

you have spoken and removed all doubt.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  11. kakoide92

kakoide92 Bobtail Member

Feb 4, 2021
    Well, thank you for your help.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.