Where will I pick up my truck at?....

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by RTVFL, Nov 9, 2015.

1. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    after orientation & otr training when I finally start out on my own , do I get my truck from my home terminal...West Columbia SC in my case...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    I picked up my first two in Dallas, my home terminal, but when both of those didn't make it out of town before going into the shop, I hitched a ride to Shreveport for the one I have now. You should get it to take to backing school and since you are training they might find you one your last week with trainer to drive back.

chopper103in and RTVFL Thank this.
  4. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Where is backing school at?....also saw you're thread from Friday ...when did you get home this weekend & when did you go back out?...

5. RTVFL

RTVFL Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2015

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Im out of Charlotte and picked my first one up in Atlanta, just got another from home terminal. It's where ever they have a truck ready then you will pull a load home then off to backing school

7. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    My backing/finishing school was in Shreveport but they have a few more scattered around. I got home early Saturday morning and they tried to send me back out Sunday afternoon. I called my FM because I had a wedding to go to on Sunday and my brother I haven't seen in a couple years was in town from Colorado. I had cleared the weekend off with him the week before and he said he'd have me home Friday evening through Monday morning but acted like it was all new to him and I needed to grab the Sunday load. Told him I could screen shot the Qualcomm messages to him to refresh his memory if that would help and forward to his boss if needed. Needless to say his memory got better and I was changed to a Monday load.

8. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    Welcome to trucking ! Anyway, you'll get your truck wherever there's one available. Which could be at your terminal, or, 500 mi down the road where the last driver abandoned it. If that's the case, bring plenty of 409 cleaning stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.