Where's Kevin the radio host?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by OscarGoldman, Oct 30, 2022.

1. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    My question is why didn't they remove the senator for his threat.
    Saying harm should come to someone is not legally a threat. Its merely wishful thinking just as the senarors words.

Hammer166, Siinman, InTooDeep and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Because the Senator used a figure of speech - a vivacious expression - that did not carry a direct threat to anyone's life. That's protected by the 1st Amendment.

Mr. Rutherford said that the Senator should be shot. Even if that was an articulation too - which I think it was - it STILL should not have taken place on the National Radio for the simple reason of preserving the code of decency. Not without a reason, there is no excessive cussing, vulgarism, hate directed to specific individuals, tolerated there - at least that is the Radio Management's/Owners' prerogative.
    It would have been different, had he said those things over a beer in a tavern to his devoted followers.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  4. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Thanks for clarifying. I didn't read the entire thing and the way it was said to me this morning was as I stated he only thought harm should come to him not a threat but I still perceive the senator as threatening and disagree with him stating what really should be done with the senator unless he stated "I am going to" as being wrong. I know the law picks thongs apart but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it!

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The Senator was being stupid and should be ridiculed for that statement by his peers in the Senate.
    First of all, People have the right to demonstrate. Second of all, there is no way anyone could be dispossessed of their property, like this dummy Senator suggested. Hmm... I am not sure if there is any specific law they could use, in case a demonstration is disallowed but still taking place, that any accessories to that impromptu demonstration - trucks - could be confiscated by the officials. But nobody was suggesting a ride on Washington DC but organizing a lawful demonstration, as many times before. What the Senator said was appalling, and Kevin was right to be angry but he crossed the line at least as a professional show host - which he, at the time of saying his words, had already become.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  6. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

That’s what I heard as well.

I use to listen to Bozo quite a bit, but any more the whole station is just a drag far as I’m concerned….

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    i liked bozo. And evan lockridge.

dunchues, jason6541 and OLDSKOOLERnWV Thank this.
  8. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

Ran WV to Alabama & Mississsippi for about 4 years while Bozo was still living and doing his radio show. Made the miles pass by a little quicker….

9. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    Fired, because it’s just one more thing the toolbag can’t hack in life, like owning trucks

10. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Who?

Rutherford?

He isn't even known in most of the industry.

See his show and advice was limited to and for owners, while he was right on 50% of what he does, he left out the other 50% of the things which he did wrong.

If he was more honest and more accountable for some of the things he shilled for, then he would have had a greater following, but he didn't. His salesmanship was what sold people on him being smart but if you dug into all of it, well his shows and products, plus the marketing of the stuff he claimed work, did better than his little fleet.

Bean Jr., Hammer166, 48Packard and 4 others Thank this.
  11. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I Never listened to him on radio but have on the podcast thing he does now. Some stuff I can deal with but he has a lot of stuff wrong. I do like to get new ideals and sometimes I just get bored listening to music. Sometimes it is just good stuff to think how dumb some people are on things. Used to kill me when he was saying no one was making 2K a day on a regular bases doing dry van. Just laughed and thought man you are to used to that Fedex freight to even see the bigger picture.

TallJoe and GYPSY65 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.