Where's u tankers loading at this morning

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Feb 27, 2017.

1. lagging

lagging Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Load at Stepan was cancelled.. Urggggh I just need to go home and take a few days off

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Just got a call a few minutes ago. They wanted me to deliver my load in the morning then live load at 11 AM for a Jefferson City Mo delivery Sunday.

That’s sort of last minute calling me at 7:30 at night for a trip that long so I made a deal with him.

They are going to cover my delivery for me in the morning so I can come in a little later. Roads are going to be iced back over and my bet is the plant that was closed today will open late anyway.

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    I apologize for digging this post up after virtually a month, but when I read it the day you posted it, I knew something was off, but I didn't bother trying to figure it out. This morning I was on the Superior website looking at terminals near me, and I saw there is one in Axis, AL (Mobile). I then remembered this post and knew what was off.

Seems like I remember Superior building a new terminal in Axis, AL but I thought y'all have had one in that area for several years.

5. lagging

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Yeah a new one is being built they move in shortly. The old one is next to a hole in the wall truck stop on hwy 43.

88 Alpha and Mortarmaggot Thank this.
  6. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Yeah it’s been there for years. They have outgrown it and are moving to a bigger yard

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  7. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    The last I got is that they were moving in Jan 2018. I believe it's open for business now but I'm not positive about that

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  8. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Any idea where the new one is?

9. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Nope, haven't been sent that way yet. I'm chilling at home for another 5 days before heading out again.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    If the old one were bigger it would be a great stopping point for our McIntosh out and back. You go right by it on the way to the plant. Hope the new one is nearby

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  11. lagging

Aug 27, 2016
    Atlanta Ga
    Creola I heard about 5 miles from old terminal

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.