Where's u tankers loading at this morning

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by 19d, Feb 27, 2017.

1. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Thanks! I had the truck washed yesterday, but I dont think they used acid on the tanks like they normally do. They even had special covers for my tires, while they washed the truck. This truck has alot more chrome than the other, same model truck that I always brought here

EZ Money Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Most truck washes no longer use the real brightener...It is a citrus based stuff now.
    The stuff at Napa you can mix 50% water and it is still plenty strong....I use it in a spray bottle and a soft brush then rinse the heck out of it......Works great...No effort at all to brighten stuff up but it will need polished after the acid wash to get that chrome look back.

scythe08 Thanks this.
  4. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Relaxing in Houston

Attached Files:

5. ChicagoJohn

ChicagoJohn Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Chicago
    Well that's interesting. I'm taking to transport service and their picking up an account that delivers some sort a product that goes to 2 different cement plants. If that's what it does to aluminum, I don't think I want those loads.

scythe08, EZ Money and 19d Thank this.
  6. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

It also stained my APU and quarter fenders...The pressure washer would not remove it from plastic either...
    I had to repaint all of the black...
    Some chemical from the concrete I guess!

ChicagoJohn Thanks this.
  7. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Muriatic acid.

EZ Money Thanks this.
  8. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I'm glad you're relaxing, cuz Houston traffic sucks worse than usual today.

Oh, I'm running loads from La Porte to Sealy.

9. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Loading at basf in Spartanburg SC in morning and taking it to Grand Rapids Michigan.

10. 19d

19d Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Sanford NC
    Wow truck stops start filling up early around Cincinnati.. I gotta get to Grand Rapids MI tomorrow, I guess I should take 75 up and then head west to ft Wayne and grab 69 north, or I could stay on 75 to an arbor then go Lansing west to Grand Rapids.. not sure which is best

11. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    At my customer in Shreveport, another snot load. Today blew tush. Almost got caught in multiple car wreck on the 287 about 5 miles south of Wichita falls. I creep threw cars on both sides on my lane, make it through and then see I about to get rear ended by another semi who doesn't see the wrecked cars or apparently me with my hazards. He misses my number and another car by inches and barrels past.
    Get to the tankwash in waxahachie and wait.......And wait........And wait. Then I notice my tank isn't in the bay. I never saw them pull it out, bit I honestly wasn't paying attention as they always park it in front of my truck and let me know it's done. I walk around their yard twice and can't find the darn thing. The yard dog comes up laughing and tells me he put it in the very flow yard(they had room).
    I thank him, and immediately talk smack about his mother(under my breath) and go get it.

I now have no time to get a service done, that I desperately need. I get to my customer a half hour early to find out that appointment time is 9pm, not 4pm

Beyond irritated as 17:15 is my 14 hour end.

I get called in at 4:45. Yes!!

Won't say where I am now.

Bud A. and slim shady Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.