Which carrier would you recommend - Superior Carriers or TankStar USA (Schwerman Trucking Co.)?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Gabru, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Gabru

Gabru Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I have been accepted by both the carriers (Superior & TankStar) as a newbie tanker driver. I am inclined towards Superior Carriers but just wanted to post here and see if I could get some info from someone who has some sort of experience with either of the two carriers. Tankstar offers more incentives but Superior seems more professional/organized and just a better vibe to me. Any info shall be much appreciated. TIA.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I worked for Tankstar and should have gone to Superior-Carriers instead. Too much to post, but going to Tankstar was a big mistake; disorganized and micro-managed to the extreme.

Puppage and Gabru Thank this.
  4. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Superior Carriers, by a mile. I worked for a competitor of theirs back in 1996. We went into the same places they did and we always got to talking. They were a squared-away outfit back then, and I only hear good things about them now. I drive gas local now, but if I wanted to go back OTR my first call would be to Superior.

cemoore and Gabru Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.